Card Error

Old April 8th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Card Error

I receive a "card error" message when I attempt to use my Fujifilm E550.

The card is a 256MB Fujifilm XD picture card.

I've tried formatting the card while it's in the camera and also directly
from my computer,
all to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Old April 8th 06, 09:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Jerry Dolan wrote:

I receive a "card error" message when I attempt to use my Fujifilm E550.

The card is a 256MB Fujifilm XD picture card.

I've tried formatting the card while it's in the camera and also directly
from my computer,
all to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

sounds dead, but prices are very low atm (These are british prices,
which are usually higher)

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=538

http://tinyurl.com/j4alm

--
Paul (Everyone I know goes away in the end)
Stop and Look
Old April 8th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Try a new card!
Seriously, I had problems with one card so I got the supplier to replace it
and everything was fine after that.

Peter

Old April 8th 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Jerry Dolan wrote:

I receive a "card error" message when I attempt to use my Fujifilm E550.

The card is a 256MB Fujifilm XD picture card.

I've tried formatting the card while it's in the camera and also directly
from my computer,
all to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

I forgot, you could try making sure the connectors are clean too.
Old April 25th 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Yep - me too.
Card was in the D70 and read (on the LCD) there was a problem, so I did the
format, which took longer than usual. When I finished shooting, the card is
reported not to be good on my computer. I've saved it with the images
thinking of image rescue - perhaps I should send it back to SanDisk and see
what they will do?

Suggestions, anyone?

Hiker

Old April 25th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

HIKER4LIFE wrote:

Yep - me too.
Card was in the D70 and read (on the LCD) there was a problem, so I did the
format, which took longer than usual. When I finished shooting, the card is
reported not to be good on my computer. I've saved it with the images
thinking of image rescue - perhaps I should send it back to SanDisk and see
what they will do?

Suggestions, anyone?

Hiker

If it is within guarantee I would certainly consider sending it back,
but I would check with them and see if they will try to recover the
images. If not then take a look around for some data recovery program
or such, there may be one with a 30 day trial which could recover your
stuff, you never know.

--
Paul (Take my hand, I'm standing right here)