paddling movies with Pentax Optio WP and W10 waterproof cameras

Old May 30th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default paddling movies with Pentax Optio WP and W10 waterproof cameras

I am exploring features of a new Pentax Optio W10 camera starting with
the areas where I expect most of improvements over my old Optio WP.

I have just posted a comparison of the Optio WP and the new Optio W10 in
a video mode.

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...856/index.html

I shot and edited a short, 90 second, video clip with each camera. They
were both recorded with 30 fps, but the Optio WP provides only 320 x 240
pixels resolution while the Optio W10 offers 640 x 480. I also looked at
single frames extracted from both movies.

In both movie sessions a camera was mounted on a bow, and then on a
stern of Sisson Nucleus kayak.

Marek
Old May 30th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Thanks for that. Any comments on stills quality? Better than the WP?

Michel

Old June 2nd 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

michel wrote:
Thanks for that. Any comments on stills quality? Better than the WP?

Michel

I believe it is better, but I still want to do some side by side comparison.