Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Old February 7th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Paul Furman wrote:

we don't bomb anyone just for the hell of it...

They have reasons for bombing, we have reasons for bombing.

there is a difference between striking at a miltary target and random
terrorist attacks, and you know it. Don't try that **** with me!

Old February 7th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" wrote:

If you have a better idea, I
would like to hear it. Besides, those poor Iranians need a few Pizza parlors
and Hooters in downtown Teheran..........And I want my president to give it
to them!

There was a time when there were a great many American-style
businesses operating in Teheran. Teheran was the capital of a corrupt
and decadent dictatorship, one of the worst the world has ever seen.

That is what American influence did to Iran. I see no possible
justification to do it all over again.

American intervention isn't working in Iraq, nor in Afghanistan, where
production of opium/heroin has hugely expanded since America
"liberated" the country. 87% of the world supply of illegal heroin
now comes from Afghanistan.

What price "freedom"?

As long as the American people remain profoundly ignorant of cultures
other than their own, such as it is, they will allow their elected
representatives to carry out all kinds of horrors abroad in their
name. No American military action abroad since WW2 has achieved
anything positive, and it is highly unlikely it ever will.

Old February 7th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Tony Polson wrote:
"William Graham" wrote:

[...]

So long as Arab and Muslim people remain profoundly ignorant and
intolerant of of cultures other than their own, they will incur our
enmity...

It has taken us in the West centuries to rid ourselves of religion and
religious oppression...and we're not giving it up for a bunch of
imbeciles!

Old February 7th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Jasen" wrote in message
Which was sort of my point in not so many words. And even though I
wasn't talking about the Bable etc, it is also very true that people also
misinterpret it too and have also probably used the Bable to justify a
few violent acts, not that I can name specifics at the moment.

Check out the Spanish Inquisition.......

I meant in the modern era. Dah!

Hell, more than
50% of the US believe the literally version of Genesis for christs
sake....no pun intended. Need we say more than that?!

Old February 7th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Iran isn't planning to nuke Israel, they want security from attack from
the US.

In addition, you see to have all forgotten that Israel has hundreds of
nuclear warheads, is not a signatory to the NPT, is in violation of
countless UN resolutions, and is the US government's favourite rogue state
and biggest recipient of 'aid'.

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
om...
William Graham wrote:
Jasen wrote

I voted for him the second time because he was willing to wage war on
murderers,

and he isn't........funny that. He willingly send off people to their
death, knowing that some will die....and he will live and yet you do not
regard this man a murderer. How pathetic.
Saddam, as crazy as he is, did not have WMDs, fact. His people suffer
more now than they ever did. The country is a ruin.

This is tiresome BS.....It's not true, and even if it was, there is

nothing
we can do about it now, so there is no sense in talking about it. If you

are
really interested in helping the situation, then come up with something

that
can be realistically done about Iran.When they start dropping their new
bombs on Israel, you are going to suffer from the radioactive fallout,
regardless of where you live.......

Old February 7th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jasen" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Just keep saying that over and over guys....We'll get another
resounding
Republican victory in 2008.....I love it........

Voting for your own doom, it's all been done before bub.

But my common sense tell me that I am voting for my own salvation. Don't
these terrorists kill innocent people at random? Hasn't Bush killed off
lots of terrorists? Hasn't he imprisoned Saddam Hussein and turned Iraq
into a democracy? Isn't he even now setting his sights on the Iranian
maniacs who want to build an atomic bomb and drop it on Israel? (By
their own admission) Why would I be, "voting for my own doom?" Hell,
doing nothing about these maniacs is voting for my own doom. I want my
government to spend my tax dollars getting rid of these idiots. Don't
forget, the nuclear fallout will drift over Ireland, too. You'd better
start figuring out just who the bad guys are, Kewfi, and start
supporting them. Bush has had atom bombs from day one, and he hasn't
dropped them on anybody. So who do you fear? And is that displaying
common sense?

Part of the reason for why they want to do this is BECAUSE of your stupid
governments foreign policy, or haven't you worked out that bit yet?

Even if that were true, there is nothing I can do about it.

You vote, you can write a letter to your government. If everyone had that
attitude to WANT to change things then you can. Simple. Unfortunately
everyone thinks the way you do, "I can't...."
Equally unfortunate, there are a whole bunch of people in your country and
mine that think that our governments are do-gooders and will rid the world
of terrorist filth......it won't.....the very fact that do what they do will
ensure that that terrorist filth continues. You cannot win a war against
the fanatic religious mind, you only reinforce it. The quicker they get out
the better, but now that they've ****ed up Iraq, they have to stabilise it
as best as possible and then get out. Either way, they will upset
people.....leave or not, someone will be ****ed enough to blow something or
someone up! "You invaded my country! BOOM!" or "You abandoned my country!
BOOM!" Either way now you're all ****ed thanks to Dubbya and daddy Bush and
the long list of "Christian" crusaders fighting against evil and the mighty
oil dollar. You lot are do deluded by this fear and lie that your
government and Dubbya has you under that you all are content to let him have
his way.

I have lived for
the last 70 years under both Democratic and Republican regimes, in
approximately equal quantities, and they have both pursued basically the
same foreign policies, so what can I do about it? - I live under a two
party system, and no other party has ever been able to get more than a
maximum of about 10% of the popular vote. The best I can hope for right
now, is that Bush, or his successor, takes over Iran before those idiots
build a bomb and drop it on someone else. (probably Israel) If you have a
better idea, I would like to hear it.

Start writing, start talking to people who think like you to want to stop US
aggression if that's what you want because ultimate that is what threatens
Iran to threaten the US in return. If the US kept its nose out of the
middle east and stopped favouring Israel then Iran and others might leave
you lot alone....fat chance now though.

Besides, those poor Iranians need a few Pizza parlors
and Hooters in downtown Teheran..........And I want my president to give
it to them!

why, so they can grow as obese as you lot. Don't you think that greed,
capitolism, oil and fast food has ****ed up the good ol' US enough yet
without taking much of the rest of the developed world down with it?? LOL

Old February 7th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Where would you have the Jews go, Kewfi?

Tell them to go back to where they came from, Central Europe, Russia, New
York etc etc... they don't belong in Palestine, no one has the right to ask
a Palestinian to give up his home for a European Jew, one way or another
there is no long term future for a Zionist state in the Muslim world.

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
"And that, children, is why Joseph Kewfi's picture appears in the

dictionary
under "pablum-puking appeasnik"."

I'm not interested in appeasing anyone, you just don't get it. I have no
objection to Iran wiping Israel from the earth, it should never have
existed
to begin with.

Where would you have the Jews go, Kewfi? - If you were born in Israel, how
would you feel if someone came along and told you, "Well, we are going to
kill you, because you should never have been born in the first place."
How small a strip of desert would you be willing to let them have,
Kewfi? Is there anyplace on earth that you think they could live? - How
about Antarctica? - Would you let them live there?
And why do you hate them so? - Is it because you believe they were
responsible for killing Jesus Christ? - And who did that? Perhaps it was

one
of their great-great-great-----However many times removed
grandfathers.....How many generations have to pay for the crime? Today,

you
are blaming people for something done over two thousand years ago. - Does
that seem fair to you? - What crimes did your grand parents commit two
thousand years ago? - What? You don't know? - Well you better find out,
because someone is liable to come up to you some day and say, "I am going

kill you Kewfi, because your grand-ancestors over 2000 years ago killed

one
of my ancestors. And that would be justice in your book, right??

Old February 7th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kernix" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well I wouldn't fancy my chances if I had to rely on Bush and his
departments, he couldn't defend New Orleans from a bit of wind and water,
how in hell could he defend me in Western Europe.

Repeat from my statement above Joesph: "Do you want to know the best
way for people to think you are intelligent? Don't say anything!"

Do you honestly think that someone could have prevented New Orleans
from getting whacked like that given that it's below sea level and that
there were breaches in the levees? Once again, you're argument sucks
and you prove to us that you're not very bright.

Jim

Leeves were lacking which was due to poor funding to prevent exactly what
happened. The fact is that the funding to reinforce the leeves would have
saved the place from flooding. The other fact was that it took days for an
army to get in there and save people stranded. Inexcusable for a limp
dicked president who has the worlds largest military resources on hand 24
hours a day.