HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.

Old October 3rd 04, 04:16 AM
quietguy

Have a look at this very helpful site for HP printer owners

http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...ngthehpid.html

David

Cori wrote:

The printer I am using is an HP officejet d 135. Yeah, one of those
with the $25 color ink cartridge that runs out after about 25 prints
and the whole machine won't work without it, even if you try printing

Old October 3rd 04, 06:08 AM
Bob Headrick

Cori wrote:

The printer I am using is an HP officejet d 135.

The user has a D135, the page you reference has nothing to do with the D135
cartridges and the principles there do not apply.

- Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

Old October 4th 04, 05:11 AM
Martin Mickston

What did I do wrong when I replaced my HP14 c5010d ink cartridge?
"Supply expired. Replace color ink cartridge. Press enter to continue."

0. Long ago, I set my HP Office Jet d145 printer to stop counting
pages printed because I religiously refill the 19ml HP14 C5010a
sponge-based color ink cartridge with high quality ink.

Note: The steps to turn off the HPOJd145 "ink level indicator" from
http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...010A5011A.html
a) Press both the keypad LEFT ARROW & RIGHT ARROW at the same time
b) Release both the keypad LEFT ARROW & RIGHT ARROW at the same time
c) Press the keypad 4, then the 5, then the 6 in sequence
d) Wait for the prompt asking if you want to override the ink level gauge
e) Press 1 for Yes.

1. An old HP14 color cartridge was in my HP d145 all-in-one printer
for exactly 2.5 contiguous years, finally showing "5 days to
expire", "4 days to expire", "3 days to expire", etc. until
it "expired" last week.

Note: There is no computer attached to this all-in-one printer /
copier / fax (I use it as a home office color copier).

2. Based on instructions in comp.periphs.printers, I purchased
THREE new HP14 23ml hp5010d color cartridges giving me a
total of four HP #14 color ink cartridges, some 19 ml & others
a full 23 ml due to HP marketing shenanigans (all are the exact
same physical size, HP just fills the ink tank less or more).

Note: The actual date on the cartridge is 2004/09/10, which then
calculates to a true expiration date of 2006/09/10. So, it
still has years of life left (I refill it religiously).

3. THREE TIMES, I turned on the Hewlett Packard Office Jet d145
printer; flipped the top open; removed the prior HP 14 cartridge;
installed the next HP14 cartridge; closed the top; then pressed
"Enter" to print the obligatory alignment marks; and then
shut down the HP OJ d145 printer.

Note: I ran step 3 above THREE times; yet, when I placed the
refilled first (of four) HP14 color ink cartridges back
into the HP OfficeJet d145 printer, the LCD display still
reports: "Supply expired. Replace color ink cartridge."

QUESTION:
I have FOUR HP14 color ink cartridges (one of which had been in the
printer for a contiguous 2.5 years). What did I do wrong?
Why didn't adding THREE separate new cartridges erase the memory
of the original 2.5-years contiguous service cartridge serial number?

Old October 4th 04, 09:40 AM
Cori

"Bob Headrick" wrote in message news:

The user has a D135, the page you reference has nothing to do with the D135
cartridges and the principles there do not apply.

- Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

Bob, of the many suggestions given above, which, in your opinion,
would apply best to my situation, and can you list any no one else
has? I am going to order supplies here http://www.printcountry.com/
unless someone names a good reason not to. They claim to manufacture
new cartridges (not remanufactured) that will work with all printers
including mine, and to sell ink compatible with them.

Cori

Old October 4th 04, 11:14 PM
Cori

(Cori) wrote in message news:

I am going to order supplies here
http://www.printcountry.com/
unless someone names a good reason not to. They claim to manufacture
new cartridges (not remanufactured) that will work with all printers
including mine, and to sell ink compatible with them.

Cori

&%$#@*+++! Now the %$#@&*==+ black cartridge is starting! Could it
be the Wal Mart ink? Could it have really destroyed the printer? How
do I KNOW whether it's destroyed or just being difficult? Do I have
to pay a repair shop person (as I don't pay maintenance on machines
and the warranty will have expired--the printer is 2 or 3 years old)
to determine what shape it's in, and, if possible, fix it?

I just filled the black cartridge--which I have kept filled all along
and barely used, and worked more or less fine till today--with fresh
ink, cleaned the contacts scrupulously, and tried to print a simple
letter. Three copies, each one worse than the last! I'm ordering
supplies from the abovenamed place TODAY in a last-ditch effort to
make this thing work!

I DON'T want to buy another printer--but in the event that I HAVE
TO--what brands do people recommend as working best with a
Macintosh--one on which a person wants to print out color photographs,
as well as scan items, make color photocopies from books and pictures,
and maybe one day use as a FAX? Please recommend some brand so I
don't have to buy another %#*%@@$&*! HP again! Any suggestions short
of pitching it out the window welcome! Thanks for your consideration.

Cori
Old October 5th 04, 09:11 AM
Cori

(Cori) wrote in message om...
(Cori) wrote in message news:

[...]

Okay, I didn't send the order, but if I'm lucky I can get to a Cosco
before the time by which an online order would arrive. I'll see if
they sell the cartridges for less than the going price. While I'm at
it I'll see if they sell printers. If they do have a "new" cartridge
and it still doesn't work, that will prove it's the printer. Make
sense?

Cori