Name that Bird

Old June 18th 05, 02:40 PM
Gaderian

Default Name that Bird

Can anyone tell me the type or name of this bird?
http://www.pbase.com/gaderian/image/39724632

Old June 18th 05, 03:04 PM
Barbara

Gaderian wrote:
Can anyone tell me the type or name of this bird?
http://www.pbase.com/gaderian/image/39724632

It's a hornbill, not sure which one though

Old June 18th 05, 03:22 PM
TooManyPutters

It's not rare. It's a Yellow Hornbill seen throughout sub-Sahara Africa.

.. .

Old June 18th 05, 03:36 PM
Juan

"Gaderian" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone tell me the type or name of this bird?
http://www.pbase.com/gaderian/image/39724632

Is it Tom?

Old June 19th 05, 02:17 AM
Pete D

Looks more like an Oriental Pied Hornbill to me.

"TooManyPutters" wrote in message
m...
It's not rare. It's a Yellow Hornbill seen throughout sub-Sahara Africa.

.. .

Old June 19th 05, 02:32 AM
Gaderian

Gaderian wrote:
Can anyone tell me the type or name of this bird?
http://www.pbase.com/gaderian/image/39724632

I found the exact species on the net for anyone who's interrested.
It's a Great Indian Hornbill (buceros bicornis).

Go here if you're interested:
http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/html/l3/...nhornbill.html