Books on PSP 9

Old June 5th 05, 08:06 AM
Charlie Self

Default Books on PSP 9

I've started using Paint Shop Pro 9. I like it, but find the
differences from Elements II are considerable and the "help" is like
all such items, less than helpful if you don't know what the
programmers were thinking, and what they called a particular
action/item.

So far, in a quick check, I've found four books, two of which seem more
related to graphics types than to photographers, and one of which
sounds slightly silly. That leaves me with the silliest sounding, "PSP
9 for Dummies", as the main contender for a beginner's book here.

Anyone have other suggestions as to reading material that might be
useful? I don't want to spend $100 on books, and end up having to read
six or seven, if I can spend $20 and read one.

Old June 5th 05, 08:29 AM
DonB

I found Paint Shop Pro 9 - Photographers Guide by Diane Koers (Thompson
Course Technology) very good and reasonably priced.....got it on the
net somewhere, try a Google search
DonB

Old June 5th 05, 10:42 AM
David J Taylor

Charlie Self wrote:
I've started using Paint Shop Pro 9. I like it, but find the
differences from Elements II are considerable and the "help" is like
all such items, less than helpful if you don't know what the
programmers were thinking, and what they called a particular
action/item.

So far, in a quick check, I've found four books, two of which seem
more related to graphics types than to photographers, and one of which
sounds slightly silly. That leaves me with the silliest sounding, "PSP
9 for Dummies", as the main contender for a beginner's book here.

If you haven't already done so, you should check-in at the self-help
newsgroups on the Corel news server: cnews.corel.com. Look for the
newsgroup corel.PaintShopPro9 and others.

A very helpful bunch of folk!

Cheers,
David

Old June 5th 05, 03:25 PM
Charlie Self

David J Taylor wrote:
Charlie Self wrote:
I've started using Paint Shop Pro 9. I like it, but find the
differences from Elements II are considerable and the "help" is like
all such items, less than helpful if you don't know what the
programmers were thinking, and what they called a particular
action/item.

So far, in a quick check, I've found four books, two of which seem
more related to graphics types than to photographers, and one of which
sounds slightly silly. That leaves me with the silliest sounding, "PSP
9 for Dummies", as the main contender for a beginner's book here.

If you haven't already done so, you should check-in at the self-help
newsgroups on the Corel news server: cnews.corel.com. Look for the
newsgroup corel.PaintShopPro9 and others.

A very helpful bunch of folk!

Thanks, David. I'll do that. I'll also check out the book the previouos
poster mentioned.

Old June 6th 05, 12:38 AM
Tee

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've started using Paint Shop Pro 9. I like it, but find the
differences from Elements II are considerable and the "help" is like
all such items, less than helpful if you don't know what the
programmers were thinking, and what they called a particular
action/item.

So far, in a quick check, I've found four books, two of which seem more
related to graphics types than to photographers, and one of which
sounds slightly silly. That leaves me with the silliest sounding, "PSP
9 for Dummies", as the main contender for a beginner's book here.

Anyone have other suggestions as to reading material that might be
useful? I don't want to spend $100 on books, and end up having to read
six or seven, if I can spend $20 and read one.

There are a ton of PSP user groups, online classes, online tutorials, etc
which are very helpful and, if you're like me, will educate you faster than
reading chapters in a book(s). I *wish* the same would happen for Photoshop
CS. You may find that many tuts are done in PSP 8 but they are still good
for PSP 9. Those done in version 7 or earlier are not as compatible with 8
or 9 because the prior version required more steps taken to achieve an end
goal. The first link below is a PSP "community" which gets high marks. The
second link is to free tuts and the third is a google return on PSP related
things online.

http://www.pspug.org/

http://www.baycongroup.com/paint_shop_pro/tutorials.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=paint...en-US:official