Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

Old February 4th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

If you haven't visited this month, see:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...rmance.summary

I've added data for several newer cameras, added a new
section on Apparent Image Quality (AIQ) along with models
for constant megapixels and constant format size. What formerly
looks like a scatter plot now is taking shape in that the
pixel size and sensor format are showing trends. The models
should now allow prediction of performance when new cameras
come out. The new AIQ plot is Figure 9.

Roger
Old February 4th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...erformance.sum...

I've added data for several newer cameras, added a new
section on Apparent Image Quality (AIQ) along with models
for constant megapixels and constant format size. What formerly
looks like a scatter plot now is taking shape in that the
pixel size and sensor format are showing trends. The models
should now allow prediction of performance when new cameras
come out. The new AIQ plot is Figure 9.

Roger

Interesting, but only dealing with Canon and Nikon cameras.
Old February 4th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Richard J Kinch

Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark) writes:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...rmance.summary

Nice work.
Old February 4th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bob G

wrote:
If you haven't visited this month, see:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...erformance.sum...

I've added data for several newer cameras, added a new
section on Apparent Image Quality (AIQ) along with models
for constant megapixels and constant format size. *What formerly
looks like a scatter plot now is taking shape in that the
pixel size and sensor format are showing trends. *The models
should now allow prediction of performance when new cameras
come out. *The new AIQ plot is Figure 9.

Roger

Interesting, but only dealing with Canon and Nikon cameras.

Interesting? Not to photographers, certainly not to me.

Old February 4th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

wrote:
If you haven't visited this month, see:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...erformance.sum...

I've added data for several newer cameras, added a new
section on Apparent Image Quality (AIQ) along with models
for constant megapixels and constant format size. What formerly
looks like a scatter plot now is taking shape in that the
pixel size and sensor format are showing trends. The models
should now allow prediction of performance when new cameras
come out. The new AIQ plot is Figure 9.

Roger

Interesting, but only dealing with Canon and Nikon cameras.

Interesting? Not to photographers, certainly not to me.

Well, you can reconcile real world image quality with the data, if
your so inclined.
Old February 4th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

wrote:
If you haven't visited this month, see:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...erformance.sum...

I've added data for several newer cameras, added a new
section on Apparent Image Quality (AIQ) along with models
for constant megapixels and constant format size. ?What formerly
looks like a scatter plot now is taking shape in that the
pixel size and sensor format are showing trends. ?The models
should now allow prediction of performance when new cameras
come out. ?The new AIQ plot is Figure 9.

Roger

Interesting, but only dealing with Canon and Nikon cameras.

Interesting? Not to photographers, certainly not to me.

All you need to falsify a generalisation is one contrary example :-)

(It's interesting to me as a photographer who takes a keen interest in
the development of photographic technology.)

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old February 4th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bob G

Interesting? Not to photographers, certainly not to me.

All you need to falsify a generalisation is one contrary example :-)

(It's interesting to me as a photographer who takes a keen interest in
the development of photographic technology.)

My meaning was that anyone who's interested in that sort of data is
not a photographer. Since you're interested, it follows you're not a
photographer.
Ha, ha.

At any rate, I can't really see how the time and study necessary to
absorb the charts and all that data can be possibly justified by
whatever slight benefit one might obtain from their use as a criterion
to buy this or that camera. Better to ignore it all and go out and
shoot some pictures.

On the other hand, if you derive some pleasure from that sort of
mental torture, you're welcome to it. My point is that it won't help
your photography nearly as much as actually taking some pictures.

Old February 4th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
crownfield

In article e7c1b5fb-818a-4536-b279-b11e35601d53
@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com, says...
-
- wrote:
[...]

not looking to understand,
not curious?

hmmm.

-
-
-

--
Bob Crownfield

Old February 4th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
acl

On Feb 5, 12:32 am, Bob G wrote:
[...]

Calling that mental torture explains the state of many things in
today's societies (at least ours, ie, western ones). I blame it all on
the incompetence of the teachers in our schools. Or plain stupidity,
of course: most people tend to dislike things that show them their
limits
Old February 4th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
acl

On Feb 4, 9:29 am, "Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote:
If you haven't visited this month, see:

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...erformance.sum...

I've added data for several newer cameras, added a new
section on Apparent Image Quality (AIQ) along with models
for constant megapixels and constant format size. What formerly
looks like a scatter plot now is taking shape in that the
pixel size and sensor format are showing trends. The models
should now allow prediction of performance when new cameras
come out. The new AIQ plot is Figure 9.

Roger

Hey Roger,
Nice to see you're still alive! Thanks for the update.