Targeted attack

Old March 24th 04, 02:55 PM
Tom Gardner

Default Targeted attack

Sorry, I misposted this here, it was suposed to go to a machining NG that
has gotten out of hand lately with some idiot troll provoking a bunch of
lathe opperators. It was comical untill viruses started appearing in boxes
of people that fed him. At least I have seen some troll activity here on
occasion so you know what I mean.

Old March 24th 04, 05:28 PM
jjs

In article m, "Tom
Gardner" wrote:

Sorry, I misposted this here, it was suposed to go to a machining NG [...]

Wait, wait! You are a machinist? Never mind, I'll search for the group and
lurk. I've a project at hand and a lot to learn.
Old March 24th 04, 07:43 PM
Tom Gardner

What's the project? I'll help any way I can.

"jjs" wrote in message
In article m, "Tom
Gardner" wrote:

Sorry, I misposted this here, it was suposed to go to a machining NG

[...]

Old March 24th 04, 11:58 PM
Tom Gardner

Default Camera project

I didn't make the offer lightly. Look at my page: ohiobrush.com What I do
is design and build the machinery that does that stuff. I can do anything
with any material.

Lots of plastics should do the job, even Aluminum is easy to work. I'd like
to see your cocktail napkin and would do a non-disclosure.

--
There are 10 kinds of people...Those that understand binary and those that
don't
"jjs" wrote in message
In article m, "Tom
Gardner" wrote:

What's the project? I'll help any way I can.

I wouldn't put you through it, Tom. I've way too much to learn.

But... well, let me pose one question, possibly one too-many. I am
building the fifth prototype of a strange camera I've designed. I can only
work in wood, and wood isn't working out. Not as strong as the steel final
will be. Q: Is there a material that is stronger than wood that I can cut
with woodworking tools? Nylon blocks, perhaps? Nobody has answered this,
not even our local composites materials guys, but then they aren't
specifically looking for such materials.

Old March 25th 04, 12:25 AM
jjs

In article m, "Tom
Gardner" wrote:

I didn't make the offer lightly. Look at my page: ohiobrush.com

That's you! You guys have a lot of my money.

What I do
is design and build the machinery that does that stuff. I can do anything
with any material.

Lots of plastics should do the job, even Aluminum is easy to work. I'd like
to see your cocktail napkin and would do a non-disclosure.

That is very generous of you - if you promise not to laugh. I will get
together the sketches and email you. Thank you again.
Old March 25th 04, 01:53 AM
jjs

In article , Gregory W Blank
wrote:

How about MDF?

I appreciate the thought, but it doesn't cut or fit cleanly in smaller
dimensions.