ProShow Gold 3.0

Old December 18th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes

Default ProShow Gold 3.0

I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out. A
friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be able
to read older project (created by 2.x).

I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on 3.0?
Thankx
--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/
Old December 19th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Fields

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" wrote in
message ...
I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out.
friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be
able
to read older project (created by 2.x).

I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on
3.0?
Thankx
--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

Go to the photodex site -- Your 1 year of upgrades will include
version 3.0 http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

One of the better places for much more information on both
ProShow Gold AND Proshow Producer is the "itsmygallery" forum
at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php Both PSG and PSP
are supported there with lots of good information. From what I
have heard, most of the 2.6 stuff seems to work in 3.0, but once
you save in 3.0, you can not open the show in 2.6 There have
also been a number of comments from people who have run both
2.6 and 3.0 on their machines at the same time (you just install
into different directories). There is also a Yahoo support group
for the Proshow stuff as well (with many of the same people).

mikey

Old December 19th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes

Mike Fields wrote:
Go to the photodex site -- Your 1 year of upgrades will include
version 3.0 http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

Nice :-)

One of the better places for much more information on both
ProShow Gold AND Proshow Producer is the "itsmygallery" forum
at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php Both PSG and PSP
are supported there with lots of good information. From what I
have heard, most of the 2.6 stuff seems to work in 3.0, but once
you save in 3.0, you can not open the show in 2.6 There have
also been a number of comments from people who have run both
2.6 and 3.0 on their machines at the same time (you just install
into different directories). There is also a Yahoo support group
for the Proshow stuff as well (with many of the same people).

Thanks for the link. Very usefull.
Old December 23rd 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mark B.

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" wrote in message
I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out. A
friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be able
to read older project (created by 2.x).

I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

Your friend has it backwards - 3.0 can read my 2.6 files just find, but the
older version may not be able to read files saved on 3.0.

BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on 3.0?

Yes, the license is good for a year.

Mark

Old December 24th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Fields

"Mark B." wrote in message
. ..

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" wrote in
message ...
I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out.
friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be
able
to read older project (created by 2.x).

I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

Your friend has it backwards - 3.0 can read my 2.6 files just find,
but the older version may not be able to read files saved on 3.0.

BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on
3.0?

Yes, the license is good for a year.

Mark

There were some issues according to reports in the proshow forums
with reading and/or correctly handling 2.6 stuff in version 3, but
as of the latest build (1897 - 23-DEC I think), that issue looks like
it has been mostly resolved.

mikey