Panasonic Z15 battery.

Old January 11th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default Panasonic Z15 battery.

Battery seems to charge up(or shut down) in about 30 minutes, but in
the camera
seems to only last a short while. Two batteries, the original
Panasonic and a Maximall, just wondering if the charger could be
faulty.

Old January 11th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

irwell wrote:
Battery seems to charge up(or shut down) in about 30 minutes, but in
the camera
seems to only last a short while. Two batteries, the original
Panasonic and a Maximall, just wondering if the charger could be
faulty.

Some thoughts:

- how old are both batteries?

- how long should they normally take to charge?

Li-ion batteries have a life of about three years.

David

Old January 11th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:05:25 GMT, "David J Taylor"

wrote:

irwell wrote:
Battery seems to charge up(or shut down) in about 30 minutes, but in
the camera
seems to only last a short while. Two batteries, the original
Panasonic and a Maximall, just wondering if the charger could be
faulty.

Some thoughts:

- how old are both batteries?

Both are about a year old, or rather I have had them for
that long, don't know when they were actually made.

- how long should they normally take to charge?

I believe it is supposed to be about one hour for recharge.

Li-ion batteries have a life of about three years.

David

The only other thing I can think of is the connecting tabs,
they are very small both in the camera, and in the batteries
they are surrounded by the plastic housing.
Old January 11th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

wrote:

irwell wrote:
Battery seems to charge up(or shut down) in about 30 minutes, but in
the camera
seems to only last a short while. Two batteries, the original
Panasonic and a Maximall, just wondering if the charger could be
faulty.

Some thoughts:

- how old are both batteries?

Both are about a year old, or rather I have had them for
that long, don't know when they were actually made.

- how long should they normally take to charge?

I believe it is supposed to be about one hour for recharge.

Li-ion batteries have a life of about three years.

David

The only other thing I can think of is the connecting tabs,
they are very small both in the camera, and in the batteries
they are surrounded by the plastic housing.

You may be able to find a date code on the batteries somewhere. If a one
hour recharge is now taking 30 minutes, it could be either that the
battery is failing, or than the charger is failing. With two batteries
failing, it does hint more at the charger being faulty - perhaps it's
switching off too early? I would see if you can borrow a charger -
perhaps your local photo store would charge one of the batteries for you?
The same battery is used in the FZ20 and FZ5 my wife and I have.

Cheers,
David

Old January 11th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

wrote:

irwell wrote:
[...]

David, is this also the same battery as used in the FZ10? I love the
camera but fear the ultimate obsolescence of at some point not being
able to get replacement batteries.

JT

(Who has three batteries on rotation at present)
Old January 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

wrote:

irwell wrote:
[...]

Sorry, but I don't know off-hand. It seems to be the same for the FZ15,
FZ20 and FZ5, so it's possible, You may be able to check from a battery
supplier. Panasonic seem to have used this cell for a long time, so
getting replacements is no problem at the moment.

Battery: CGA-S002A 7.2V 680mAh

Cheers,
David

Old January 17th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Hi David,

Do you know where I could order a wide-angle lens for the FZ30? I've heard
that the Raynox 6600 works well, and there's one 55mm model that eliminates
the need for an intermediate adaptor ring on the FZ30. Also, where could I
order polarizer filters and other color filters that would fit the FZ30? Do
you think the Panasonic wide-angle lens is noticeably better (or worse) than
the Raynox?

Thanks for any help,
Scott

"David J Taylor"