Studio ZLR

Old March 22nd 05, 10:47 PM
cgpics

Default Studio ZLR

Has anyone had any luck shooting in a studio with their zrl?

I own a Minolta Z1 which has BRILLIANT color in natural light but the
second you go indoors mass pixelation ... i've tried different kinds of
flood lights (washes out with pixelations) ... flash washes out too.

Old March 23rd 05, 05:59 AM
Flavius

Timothy Greenfield-Sanders ( one of the most famous portrait artists around)
uses the Olympus C8080 !
I have used one also indoors with superb results.

L8r,
JDR

ups.com...

Old March 24th 05, 04:39 AM

Makes no sense, unless you mean it kicks up into a high ISO, therefore
high noise, mode.

Examples?

Coincidentally I also have the Oly C8080, great camera in 95% of areas,
pity about stupid software/menu design, but I still love it. Works
fine with studio lighting, as did my older Sony F717, and the F828 is
great for studio work too.

I also use floods...

Old March 24th 05, 01:09 PM
Roland Karlsson

"cgpics" wrote in news:1111531679.294329.67460
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I own a Minolta Z1 which has BRILLIANT color in natural light but the
second you go indoors mass pixelation ... i've tried different kinds of
flood lights (washes out with pixelations) ... flash washes out too.

Sounds like the Z1 is used at a high ISO.

/Roland
Old March 24th 05, 05:30 PM
Flavius

I really like my C8080, yes, the software could be better, but that dosen't
bother me much. My only real complaint is the autofocus speed, I guess I'm
just spoiled by my Nikon N80.

oups.com...

Old April 21st 05, 12:30 AM
Alan Browne

cgpics wrote:

Has anyone had any luck shooting in a studio with their zrl?

I own a Minolta Z1 which has BRILLIANT color in natural light but the
second you go indoors mass pixelation ... i've tried different kinds of
flood lights (washes out with pixelations) ... flash washes out too.

I've seen great studio shots from the A1.

How are you lighting?

How are you metering?

Quick start: set your 5600HS to manual increments of power, (1/2, 1/4,
1/8 ...) and set it on the little feet that it comes with. Mount the
flash on a stand and set it a set distance from the subject. Fire it
wireless from the camera. Adjust flash power until higlights are not
blown out. (I suggest you begin with the flash about 5 to 10 feet away
from the subject; aperture of about f/5.6 for ISO 100 at 1/2 power on
the 5600HS. Work from there with aperture and/or flash power level).

Same with hot lights, but control the shutter speed instead. Use a
tripod and perhaps ISO 400 to begin.

It's all much easier with a hand held meter...

Cheers,
Alan

-- slr-systems FAQ project: http://tinyurl.com/6m9aw
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.