Sony H1 flash too bright?

Old October 25th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
louise

Default Sony H1 flash too bright?

I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

TIA

Louise
Old October 25th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fishface

louise wrote:
I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

Not in the automatic mode. You can change the flash level to
+, normal, and - on the P setting.

Old October 25th 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

louise wrote:
I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

TIA

Louise

Stick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

Old October 25th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

On Oct 25, 5:56 am, "Dennis Pogson"
wrote:
louise wrote:
I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

TIA

LouiseStick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

Look how you are holding the camera, are you covering the flash sensor?

Tom

Old October 25th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
m Ransley

The H5 which should be the same as the H1 has 7 levels you can adjust
flash to, and Slow Syncro, On and Auto, with experimenting you should be
able to get it to work. I know sonys manuals are crap in their
explanations.