Surfing pics

Old July 3rd 06, 08:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Surfing pics

If it's winter in Durban that means its Beach Festival time! I recently
obtained a Nikkor 300mm f/4 ED-IF and I am very happy with it. Some
people say its auto focus tracking is too slow, but I was using it on a
D70 in AF-C mode yesterday and these are some of the shots I got:

http://tinyurl.com/ovrvo
http://tinyurl.com/gzljv
http://tinyurl.com/p64mg
http://tinyurl.com/zwth9
http://tinyurl.com/hdxay
http://tinyurl.com/lwc8x

I wish I had a faster frame rate, like a D2h, or D2x, but unfortunately
my deal with the D2h didn't come though (which is why I now have this
lens). The 300mm f/4 lens is very impressive. I'd go so far as to say it
seems sharper than my 70-200mm f/2.8 VR (when used correctly). These
were all taken at f/8.

--
Now with uploadable photo critique section in the forum
http://www.nikongear.com/
Old July 3rd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"DD" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.

I think quite a lot of people don't like tinyurls.
I don't.

Old July 3rd 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Helen wrote:
"DD" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.

I think quite a lot of people don't like tinyurls.
I don't.

You can go to the tinyurl site and have it set up so that you get to
see what the URL you are going to be taken to is before being taken
there. You can then either say it is ok or cancel and not go to the
link.

Scott

Old July 3rd 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Scott W wrote:
Helen wrote:
"DD" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.

I think quite a lot of people don't like tinyurls.
I don't.

You can go to the tinyurl site and have it set up so that you get to
see what the URL you are going to be taken to is before being taken
there. You can then either say it is ok or cancel and not go to the
link.

Scott

BTW great photos.

Scott

Old July 3rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 00:29:32 -0700, DD
wrote:

If it's winter in Durban that means its Beach Festival time! I recently
obtained a Nikkor 300mm f/4 ED-IF and I am very happy with it. Some
people say its auto focus tracking is too slow, but I was using it on a
D70 in AF-C mode yesterday and these are some of the shots I got:

http://tinyurl.com/ovrvo
http://tinyurl.com/gzljv
http://tinyurl.com/p64mg
http://tinyurl.com/zwth9
http://tinyurl.com/hdxay
http://tinyurl.com/lwc8x

I wish I had a faster frame rate, like a D2h, or D2x, but unfortunately
my deal with the D2h didn't come though (which is why I now have this
lens). The 300mm f/4 lens is very impressive. I'd go so far as to say it
seems sharper than my 70-200mm f/2.8 VR (when used correctly). These
were all taken at f/8.

Good timing. The crop is a little tight on some of them, but they are nice.
____
Slack
Old July 4th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Helen wrote:
"DD" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.

I think quite a lot of people don't like tinyurls.
I don't.

Dallas Dahms can be trusted.

Old July 4th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

In article op.tb4u3eaa5jd7qu@slacker, says...
wrote:

[...]

Thanks. No cropping done on these. I was standing on a pier at high
tide, so I could get pretty tight with the 300mm lens.

Old July 4th 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

In article ,
says...

"DD" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.

I think quite a lot of people don't like tinyurls.
I don't.

Sorry, I posted these to the forum on one of my websites and the urls
are quite long.

Interesting point you make though. I hadn't thought of that.