What is the easiest way to find all images on a computer hard drive?

Old September 8th 20, 03:10 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default What is the easiest way to find all images on a computer harddrive?

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 01:44:53 +0100, Snit wrote:

On Sep 7, 2020 at 4:57:12 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey""
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 23:14:17 +0100, David_B
wrote:

On 07/09/2020 18:28, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 17:19:35 +0100, David_B
wrote:

On 07/09/2020 16:33, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 15:40:29 +0100, Shadow wrote:

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 21:35:09 +0100, David_B
wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company
which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own
battery.

Shadow twists things. It's what he does.

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

So Apple lied to you, what a surprise. Are you going to continue to use
a company which lies to its customers?

Yes

You're too nice to people. If anyone lies to me, I'm no longer their
customer.

So you don't own a computer?

That does not follow from the previous conversation.
Old September 8th 20, 03:12 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Snit

wrote:

[...]

What hardware company do you use that never lies to its customers? What OS?

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Old September 8th 20, 03:14 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Snit

On Sep 7, 2020 at 7:10:07 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey""
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 01:46:13 +0100, Snit
wrote:

On Sep 7, 2020 at 4:56:29 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey""
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 00:01:19 +0100, Snit
wrote:

On Sep 7, 2020 at 3:58:40 PM MST, "David_B"
wrote:

On 07/09/2020 23:17, Snit wrote:

wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company
which illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own
battery.

Shadow twists things. It's what he does.

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

So Apple lied to you, what a surprise. Are you going to continue to use
a company which lies to its customers?

Yes

FWIW, Apple changed the battery in my daughter's old iPhone 5C last year
(or maybe it was earlier this year!) for just =A345. I doubt you
could do
the same job for very much less - nothing significant anyway! ;-)

I can change the battery in my non-Apple phone for the price of the
battery, about a fiver. And it would take me under a minute. When are
you Apple fanboys going to realise they're ripping you off?

When other manufacturers produce better value-for-money products which
look and feel better than my iMac, iPhone and iPad!

None for my needs. I will keep my Mac and iPhone until or unless something
can
serve me better for less.

Sounds like a plan! :-D

I have a hard time understanding the "religious wars" over systems. I tend
like macOS.. but for some things I prefer Linux or Windows. Others prefer a
different mix or hate one or more of those. OK. So what? Use what you like.

I also like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Someone else might prefer peach.
OK. So what?

All ice cream is good, but different flavours suit different tastes.

No. Bubblegum ice cream is objectively horrible.

No, that's subjectively, or nobody would make it.

Have you ever had it? Frozen bubblegum you can't really chew as you eat
anyway. Those who like it simply are wrong.

Computers are not the same, neither are cars. Some are just made badly.
There is no reason for example for anyone to like Fiat cars. They break all
the time.

I do not know much about them, but even if I agree I would not care if
someone
else liked them. I personally think McDonald's is utter crap... but others
like it. OK.

Food has a taste, so different people will like different foods. But
computers and cars can just be made wrong.

There are objective and subjective considerations, and even with the objective
ones different people have different needs. An RV, a pickup truck, and a sedan
can all be made great but not work well for the same tasks.

Old September 8th 20, 12:44 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Snit
wrote:

But then in one day you go from thinking Apple promotes root for general users
to thinking it is fine they not help someone OPEN A FOLDER! LOL!

another false and fabricated accusation. i didn't say anything remotely
close to that.

Does it not occur to you how inconsistent your positions are?

does it not occur to you how obvious it is that you lie and twist what
others say solely to argue and troll?
Old September 8th 20, 12:57 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
pothead

On 2020-09-08, nospam wrote:
In article , Snit
wrote:

But then in one day you go from thinking Apple promotes root for general users
to thinking it is fine they not help someone OPEN A FOLDER! LOL!

another false and fabricated accusation. i didn't say anything remotely
close to that.

Does it not occur to you how inconsistent your positions are?

does it not occur to you how obvious it is that you lie and twist what
others say solely to argue and troll?

Welcome to the "wonderful world" of snit.
There are valid reasons why snit has those snit lists written about him.
You have just discovered one of them.
There are many more.
Many, many more.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2020
Old September 8th 20, 05:38 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Snit

On Sep 7, 2020 at 11:10:28 AM MST, "Snit"
wrote:

On Sep 7, 2020 at 10:49:40 AM MST, "nospam" wrote:

In article op.0qk350qfwdg98l@glass, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

Apple support told me, during a telephone call, that I was personally
unable to look inside folders which are marked with a no entry sign.

It now appears that this was untrue.

So Apple lied to you, what a surprise. Are you going to continue to use a
company which lies to its customers?

they didn't lie.

they correctly assessed that he personally was unable to look inside.

the mere fact that he had to ask is proof.

Let's compare your view TODAY with your view YESTERDAY. Yesterday I noted, in
terms of root access, that Apple does not focus on root access nor speak of
it
much. You said you disagreed then bizarrely posted support of my position, of
which we then had this exchange:

nospam :
-----
Right: not things they really promote or make easy for the general
user.

false.
-----

But then in one day you go from thinking Apple promotes root for general
users
to thinking it is fine they not help someone OPEN A FOLDER! LOL!

Does it not occur to you how inconsistent your positions are?

Nospam snipped this question.

FWIW, Apple changed the battery in my daughter's old iPhone 5C last year
(or maybe it was earlier this year!) for just £45. I doubt you could do
the same job for very much less - nothing significant anyway! ;-)

I can change the battery in my non-Apple phone for the price of the
battery,
about a fiver. And it would take me under a minute.

same for apple phones. i know a 10 year old kid who does it for his
friends and family.

When are you Apple
fanboys going to realise they're ripping you off?

when are you apple-haters going to realise that your incessant bashing
has zero basis in reality?

I like Apple products and am on an iMac now and use an iPhone but your claims
about Apple are often absurd and even contradictory, and you post more to
insist others are wrong even when you show no evidence. And as you did
yesterday, when you do try to post evidence you often tend to prove yourself
wrong. Remember, it is YOU who pointed to Apple saying this, which was pretty
much what I was telling you:

-----
The root user is disabled by default. Although you can
enable it, it’s recommended that you avoid logging into a
Mac as the root user, either locally or remotely. Instead,
use the sudo command-line tool to perform tasks that
require root user privileges. You can restrict access to
sudo by adding users to the /private/etc/sudoers file.

WARNING: Use extreme caution if you log in as the root
user. You can lose data, damage the system by moving or
deleting critical files, or cause other problems that can
only be solved by reinstalling macOS. If you log in as the
root user, always log out after completing your task, log
in as an administrator, then disable the root user.
-----

I would add that even using sudo is not the be taken lightly!

Nospam: you again responded to a post of mine by snipping all content,
pretending to be special, and just noting you need the last word. Why do you
do that?

Old September 9th 20, 02:24 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop, rec.photo.digital
Wolffan

On 07 Sep 2020, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article op.0qkyum05wdg98l@glass):

On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 15:40:29 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 21:35:09 +0100,
wrote:

Apple support told me there was no way that I could!

Apple support told you that a root account doesn't exist?
I somewhat doubt that.
Oh, a *ANOTHER* *LIE*?
Carry on..... it's kind of what you do.

More likely Apple don't like their users knowing. This is a company which
illegally destroys your phone if you dare to change your own battery.

Looks at iPhone SE (the office phone) which has a new battery, installed at
the office when we did a refit of older office iPhones, we mostly tossed the
older Androids, in less than 30 minutes, two years ago. So when is Apple
going to destroy this device? How is Apple going to destroy this device? How
is Apple even going to know that I changed the battery? As it’s well out of
warranty, I’m extremely unlikely to take it to an Apple Store, even if I
couldn’t fix it myself at the office, there’s a local phone fixit shop we
have on contract which can. Is it going to, ahem, Phone Home?

I also have a iPhone 6, replaced earlier this year by a iPhone SE 2020 (my
personal phone). The 6 still works, just no SIM as the SIM is in the SE 2020,
and the battery wasn’t doing too well. I may replace the battery and get
another SIM and use the 6 as an emergency backup phone. Assuming that Apple
doesn’t reach out and destroy the 6 after I replace the battery, that is. I
may replace the battery just to see Tim Cook fly out and personally hit it
with a hammer.

Really, man, what are you smoking?

Old September 9th 20, 02:32 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

[...]

I never said it was all of the models. I believe they stopped doing it when people got very very angry indeed. Look up bricking and educate yourself about the criminal organisation called Apple.

That's the main complaint I hear from all my friends with an Iphone, the batteries are ****. A colleague couldn't believe it when I told her I could make 10 hours of phone calls on my Android without charging it, I had to prove it to her by leaving it in our shared office for a week and showing her the call logs. Why do Apple behave like Clive Sinclair and choose size over battery capacity?

I may replace the battery and get
another SIM and use the 6 as an emergency backup phone.

You'll need a backup considering Apple's reliability.
Old September 9th 20, 02:48 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop, rec.photo.digital
Wolffan

On 09 Sep 2020, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article op.0qoik1igwdg98l@glass):

wrote:

[...]

A pointer on when and where would be nice.

I also have a iPhone 6, replaced earlier this year by a iPhone SE 2020 (my
personal phone). The 6 still works, just no SIM as the SIM is in the SE
2020,
and the battery wasn’t doing too well.

That's the main complaint I hear from all my friends with an Iphone, the
batteries are ****.

The iPhone 6 is _six years old_. The battery is not at its best, but it still
holds a charge well enough that I haven’t replaced it, though I could very
easily.
A colleague couldn't believe it when I told her I could
make 10 hours of phone calls on my Android without charging it, I had to
prove it to her by leaving it in our shared office for a week and showing her
the call logs. Why do Apple behave like Clive Sinclair and choose size over
battery capacity?

I may replace the battery and get
another SIM and use the 6 as an emergency backup phone.

You'll need a backup considering Apple's reliability.

The iPhone 6 is _six years old_. I got it because the ZTE Android I was using
froze randomly and lost calls; that Android didn’t last six _months_ before
being tossed. At the office, we can use a variety of phones, are there are
iPhones and various Androids and even some WinPhones. Almost all Apple and
WinPhone users want their phones updated; some WinPhone users have gone to
Apple instead. Zero of either have moved to Android. Some Android users have
moved to Apple. Android phones the same age as my SE no longer exist at the
company, they’ve all been junked in favor of either newer Android or
iPhone. It would appear that users here, and there are a lot of us, find
iPhones to be more reliable, but, hey...

This is being typed on a 2012 Mac. It’s the newest Mac in the room.

Old September 9th 20, 03:11 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Panthera Tigris

batteries are ****.Â* A colleague couldn't believe it when I told her I
could make 10 hours of phone calls on my Android without charging it, I
had to prove it to her by leaving it in our shared office for a week and
showing her the call logs.Â* Why do Apple behave like Clive Sinclair and
choose size over battery capacity?

My iPhone 8 is perfectly capable of making 10 hours of calls without
being recharged. It has done so on several occasions, usually while I am
talking to large corporations such as Microsoft. I have spent much of
the last week talking to Microsoft about a major problem with Office 365
and several lesser problems with Windows 10 2004 and Windows Server 2016
and 2019. As I was moving around the campus while doing this, I was
using the cellphone. Your experience does not track with mine.