Overpriced, "Swatch-looking" Apple watch sees sales drop 55%

Old July 24th 16, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Overpriced, "Swatch-looking" Apple watch sees sales drop 55%

On 2016-07-24 18:14:34 +0000, RichA said:

When you can buy a reasonably nice, handsome metal dial watch for $400, is
the gimmick of having email notifications appear on a watch face enough to
overcome the stigma of being an adult and wearing a watch that looks like i
t was made for a 13 year old girl?

While I don't own an Apple, or Watch, I don't believe any adult who
chooses to buy and wear one will be stigmatized by one of these:
http://media.lifehacker.foxtrot.future.net.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/2015/03/9_Best-for-Geeks.jpg

Personally

I have a TAG Heuer and an Omega GMT, but my daily wear watch is a Seiko
Solar with nice big numbers which make for easy reading and accuracy
which excedes that of my two Swiss watches.
https://db.tt/sbftbR5z

Savageduck

Old July 25th 16, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

When you can buy a reasonably nice, handsome metal dial watch for $400, is
the gimmick of having email notifications appear on a watch face enough to
overcome the stigma of being an adult and wearing a watch that looks like
t was made for a 13 year old girl?

While I don't own an Apple, or •Watch, I don't believe any adult who
chooses to buy and wear one will be stigmatized by one of these:

http://media.lifehacker.foxtrot.futu...ads/sites/55/2
015/03/9_Best-for-Geeks.jpg

Doesn't look like the cheaper $400 plastic one.

there is no plastic apple watch, nor are they $400.

Besides, the image has been
manipulated so much it looks like a computer rendering.

manipulated or not, it's accurate.
Old July 26th 16, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

http://media.lifehacker.foxtrot.futu...uploads/sites/
55/2015/03/9_Best-for-Geeks.jpg

Doesn't look like the cheaper $400 plastic one.

there is no plastic apple watch, nor are they $400.

More like $1000 for that one.
http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch

for that version, but there are other options.

the apple watch starts at $299, and actually less if you shop around.

Besides, the image has been
manipulated so much it looks like a computer rendering.

manipulated or not, it's accurate.

Like the image of a model with ZERO skin flaws...

no.