Bluetooth connection to camera

Old December 4th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
UKR

Default Bluetooth connection to camera

I have a Canon 5D camera which has a USB port to connect to a PC or laptop.
Is there any way I can get a wireless Bluetooth link to the PC/Laptop
instead - and what equipment would I need.

Old December 4th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

UKR wrote:
I have a Canon 5D camera which has a USB port to connect to a PC or laptop.
Is there any way I can get a wireless Bluetooth link to the PC/Laptop
instead - and what equipment would I need.

Check Canon's site, or BnH.

How would you be using this?

--
John McWilliams
Old December 4th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
UKR

I want to shoot straight to a laptop both in a stdio and location sutuation
but I want a wireless connection - bluetooth - to avoid using a USB cable
link.

Old December 4th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mark B.

"UKR" wrote in message
I have a Canon 5D camera which has a USB port to connect to a PC or
laptop. Is there any way I can get a wireless Bluetooth link to the
PC/Laptop instead - and what equipment would I need.

Canon has a wi-fi solution, but it ain't cheap:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

The description says it's for the 1Ds M.II, but the Canon website says it is
compatible with the 20D, 30D, 5D, 1D, & 1Ds.

Mark

Old December 4th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
UKR

I know about Canon's WIFI solution - like most things Canon it's too
expensive and there must be a cheap bluetooth solution I feel
"Mark B." wrote in message
news

Old December 4th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matt Ion

UKR wrote:
I know about Canon's WIFI solution - like most things Canon it's too
expensive and there must be a cheap bluetooth solution I feel

Bluetooth has a maximum data rate of a little over 700kbps, and nominally
amywhere between 100 and 400kbps. Expect it to take several minutes to transfer
a single full-resolution photo via BT. Is going wireless really worth so much
of your time?
Old December 5th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
UKR

Thanks Matt - that is useful reply and a bit of a reality check for me. I
just dont like having to pay Canon's exploitative prices for accessories.