Music on slideshow

Old June 18th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Music on slideshow

I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to my
slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

--

A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of
treacle, and melted under the gate -

Old June 18th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Bev wrote:
I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music
to my slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

ProShow Gold has no equal.
Download it (or a free demo) from www.photodex.com

-MarkČ

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 19th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Bev wrote:
I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to my
slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music to
your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each slide
or as background music. Enjoy! http://www3.photo2vcd.com

Old June 19th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:
Bev wrote:
I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music
to my slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music
to your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each
slide or as background music. Enjoy!
http://www3.photo2vcd.com

I think you'll find that ProShow has far more output options and rendering
quality second to none.
-But you don't have to take my word for it...
....Download the free trial and see for yourself.
Then you can make an informed decision, and you won't have to worry about my
bias, or anyone else's bias.

-Mark

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 19th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Cheapest way is to find some freeware Javascript slideshow code that
displays your pics while keeping the web page url constant (i.e.,
doesn't switch to p1.htm, p2.htm, p3.htm) and play a wav file. You'll
be able to see your pics while listening to music.

Kevin

Old June 20th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

oups.com...

Bev wrote:
I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to
my
slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

Thanks for the replies. They've been a help.

Bev

Old June 21st 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
wrote:
Bev wrote:
I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music
to my slideshow, Thanks.

Bev

Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music
to your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each
slide or as background music. Enjoy!
http://www3.photo2vcd.com

I think you'll find that ProShow has far more output options and
rendering quality second to none.
-But you don't have to take my word for it...
...Download the free trial and see for yourself.
Then you can make an informed decision, and you won't have to worry
about my bias, or anyone else's bias.

-Mark

Be aware that in my experience, Proshow (at least version 2.5)
will not run under a limited user account. Yes, I have contacted
Photodex and they admit it is a problem and according to them
are going to change the web page FAQ where it indicates that
it will run, just problems with burning under limited user accounts
(I can provide a copy of the response from their support if you
want ... ). That said, I still think it is one of the better ones
around and worth the $ that I paid for it - just be aware of
issues with limited users running it (XP Pro, SP2).

mikey

Old June 21st 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:
Bev wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the "adminitrator"
of that particular machine?
-Splain...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 22nd 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:
Bev wrote:
[...]

The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
Photodex support below that should give some more detail
in what I am talking about ...

[begin copy of Photodex support conversation]
Mike,

I believe that the FAQ page was written some time ago, before this issue
came to light. I have requested that the FAQ page be updated to
acknowledge this issue.

Regards,

Chris
Photodex Corporation
www.photodex.com

Thanks for the reply, however, if that is the case, then why does the
FAQ say the following:

[begin quote]
For Windows XP and 2000 users, you may install as a non-admin or as an
admin. If you choose to install as a non-admin, the software may not
be able to install the drivers necessary to author discs using your CD
or DVD drive (you will still be able to create a disc image for
burning in another application). All other features of the software
should work normally, regardless of who installed the software. You
may overcome the CD / DVD issue at any time by having a system
administrator re-install the software.
[end quote]

I understand the problem with the burner/driver issue, but this is
a case of it could not do ANYTHING (and indicated it was
CompuPic in the title bar) when a limited user tried to run it,but
an admin was able to run it fine. According to the FAQ, "all other
features of the software should work normally" (yes, I actually try
to research the problem before contacting support ;-) )

Mike Fields
----- Original Message ----- From: "Photodex Corporation - Chris"

Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:01 PM
Subject: ProShow Gold Support Request

Mike,

ProShow will not work correctly under a standard user account.
Ideally it should be run as an administrative user. Using the
built-in "power users" profile should also work.

Regards,

Chris
Photodex Corporation
www.photodex.com

Installed using defaults by me (with admin priv.). Entered
registration info which is accepted and seems to work fine. Limited
user tries to use psg and it requests registration indicating it is
the "trial version" although it shows me in the title bar. Title
bar also shows "CompuPic - Michael Fields" (no, it is not CompuPic)
but after entering registration key (it already has name and phone
number) it says the registration accepted and then indicates in the
title bar "ProshowGold - Michael Fields". If limited user tries to
create a slide show, as soon as they drag a picture to the timeline,
psg crashes. Same results on two different machines, both running
XP Pro, SP 2. Admins can run without problem, limited users crash
it (and it shows the CompuPic - Michael Fields in the title bar when
they start). Snooping the FAQ and a google search did not find
much, but it does this on two different machines. It has the feel
of a protection issue, but why me and not others ?

? !
I have tried un-installing then re-installing making sure the AV
was turned off before the install. Why does it indicate the limited
user is a "Trial Version" when if an administrator logs in, it
indicates it is registered ??

Thanks !
Mike Fields

Product: ProShow Gold
Product Version: 2.5 Build 1635
Operating System: Windows XP - Professional Edition

Request Sent: Saturday June 03, 2006 14:18

Old June 22nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the
"adminitrator" of that particular machine?
-Splain...

The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
Photodex support below that should give some more detail
in what I am talking about ...

You are not the administrator of your computer?

?