Where are the BEST Point and Shoot Photos ?

Old November 17th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Where are the BEST Point and Shoot Photos ?

Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the
web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo
gallery. Does anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d
tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that
was done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT
Old November 17th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Nov 16, 7:20 pm, wrote:
Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the
web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo
gallery. Does anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d
tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that
was done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT

What kind of photos that you want to take? There are some decent
galleries which utilized Sony DSC R1 Point and shoot cameras. Try this
one.
http://www.pbase.com/tylim/root
Hope that this helps you.
Old November 17th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Nov 16, 8:40�pm, wrote:
On Nov 16, 7:20 pm, wrote:

Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the
web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo
gallery. �Does anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d
tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that
was done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT

What kind of photos that you want to take? �There are some decent
galleries which utilized Sony DSC R1 Point and shoot cameras. Try this
one.http://www.pbase.com/tylim/root
Hope that this helps you.

Some nice photos for sure. But the DSCR1 goes
for about $1300. I ain't going to be saving much money
there, and i wouldn't really call this DSCR1 a simple
"point and shot" either. Seems to be a nice lens there.
Old November 17th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Nov 16, 7:25�pm, JerryGrims wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:20:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the
web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo
gallery. �Does anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d
tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that
was done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT

But it's much more fun to watch you throw away your money and then prove to you
why you did indeed just waste it. We have to make your money count for something
no? There's entertainment value in it for the rest of us.

Let me know when you get your D-SLR, I might post one photo to prove it to you.

Most likely, you don't even have ONE
good photo from a point a shoot!

HA!
Old November 17th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Douglas[_4_]

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:08:52 -0800, dumbtroll wrote:

On Nov 16, 8:40�pm, wrote:
On Nov 16, 7:20 pm, wrote:

Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo gallery.

�Does
anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that was
done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT

What kind of photos that you want to take? �There are some decent
galleries which utilized Sony DSC R1 Point and shoot cameras. Try this
one.http://www.pbase.com/tylim/root
Hope that this helps you.

Some nice photos for sure. But the DSCR1 goes
for about $1300. I ain't going to be saving much money there, and i
wouldn't really call this DSCR1 a simple "point and shot" either. Seems
to be a nice lens there.

What about this one then?
http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au...scott-katrina/

Shot entirely with a Panasonic FZ50 (after my shooter dropped the s5)

Douglas
--
If you don't defend your rights... You end up without any!
Old November 17th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Nov 16, 8:40�pm, wrote:
On Nov 16, 7:20 pm, wrote:

Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo gallery.

�Does
anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that was
done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT

What kind of photos that you want to take? �There are some decent
galleries which utilized Sony DSC R1 Point and shoot cameras. Try this
one.http://www.pbase.com/tylim/root
Hope that this helps you.

Â* Â* Some nice photos for sure. Â*But the DSCR1 goes
for about $1300. Â*I ain't going to be saving much money there, and i
wouldn't really call this DSCR1 a simple "point and shot" either. Â*Seems
to be a nice lens there.

What about this one then?http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au...scott-katrina/

Shot entirely with a Panasonic FZ50 (after my shooter dropped the s5)

Not bad. But not mind-blowing.

Here's my theory:

The reason there are a greater number
of high quality pics taken with dSLR, is because
the better, more professional (or completely pro)photographers end up
getting the highest quality
cameras they can. And so perhaps even more than
the technical quality of the equipment, then simple
have better eyes and instincts for good composition,
lighting, and DOF, etc.
Old November 17th 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

On Nov 16, 8:40?pm, wrote:
On Nov 16, 7:20 pm, wrote:

[...]

Buy your Canon. It looks much more impressive when walking thru the park,
particularly if you step out of a Porsche or a Bentley.

You may even get some mind-blowing photos using the Canon, if you know where
to look for them!

Some poster referred to the Panasonic FZ50, not exactly what I would call a
point-and-shoot, it's Leica zoom lens will beat the Canon hands down, but
don't be influenced by such statements, order your Canon, then wait a few
months before looking for something better.

DP

Old November 17th 07, 11:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Nov 16, 7:20 pm, wrote:
Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the
web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo
gallery. Does anyone have a great link?

Mind you, i have pretty much decided to order the Canon 40d
tomorrow.

But if i wake up tomorrow, and find something incredible that
was done with a P&S, you can bet that i will re-consider.....

DT

One of my favourite site is a website by Marisa at pbase
http://www.pbase.com/mardoli/all_my_galleries
I think some of the photos were taken with a Canon Powershot S60 (plus
Canon DSLR 350D, and maybe others?)
Beautifully and artistically done website!