Roadtrip - good camera stores

Old February 22nd 04, 03:19 PM
David Starr

Default Roadtrip - good camera stores

We'll be leaving the end of the week to visit my Mother in law in
Florida for a few days. On the way back, we're taking extra days to
see the sights, including camera stores. So, O'm looking for
suggestions on stores to visit.

We're driving I-75 from Michigan to Venice, Florida. Any tips on good
stores along that route will be appreciated. I'm thinking Atlanta,
Chattanooga, Cincinnati, Tampa, etc. We're already planning stops in
Atlanta & Chattanooga to visit a couple of museums & Civil War
battlefields, so stores there will be a plus.

Also, we're going to stop at US Plastics in Lima, Ohio & see if I can
find anything useable in the darkroom, like something to make a print
washer out of.

TIA

Professional Shop Rat: 14,267 days in a GM plant.
Old February 23rd 04, 02:29 AM
ROBMURR

We're driving I-75 from Michigan to Venice, Florida. Any tips on good
stores along that route will be appreciated. I'm thinking Atlanta,
Chattanooga, Cincinnati, Tampa, etc. We're already planning stops in
Atlanta & Chattanooga to visit a couple of museums & Civil War
battlefields, so stores there will be a plus.

Also, we're going to stop at US Plastics in Lima, Ohio & see if I can
find anything useable in the darkroom, like something to make a print
washer out of.

Wings Camera in Atlanta, I-85 at Clairmont Rd..most used stuff
in town probably. Tons of darkroom stuff. Lots of Nikon too.
A kodak tray siphon works well in about any kind of tray...
Old February 23rd 04, 05:22 PM
bob

David Starr wrote in
:

We're driving I-75 from Michigan to Venice, Florida.

It's a tad out of the way, but if you took I-77 on the route back home, you
could drive through Charlotte, North Carolina. I've bought a variety of
stuff from them over the years. www.charlottecamera.com.

When I lived in Knoxville over 10 years ago, Thompson Photo, downtown, was
worth the trip. They had serveral locations, but the downtown store had the
most stuff.

Bob

--
remove the backwards "SPAM" to reply.