Lightroom Classic CC problem

Old February 10th 18, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Lightroom Classic CC problem

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

i'm bashing *your* claim that you have had no problems since windows
2k, but then go on to talk about various problems, this being yet
another one.

You are being parsimonious with the truth. I said I had no significant
Windows crashing problems. But that's not the same as saying that
Windows permissions system doesn't cause other problems for me. Nor is
it the same as having problems with applications.

it doesn't matter whether they're significant or not.

even the smallest problem will interrupt your workflow.
Old February 10th 18, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

Who said anything about 'continually'?

i did.

do try to keep up.
Old February 10th 18, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-02-09 23:55:52 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
but crashes with my old catalog.

No import tool? Can you import the old catologs into a new one? I have
LR installed on both w10 and macOS but can't be bothered opening it...

I received a message when I reinstalled LR about updating my old LR
catalog. Elsewhere I learned there is a danger that if I do this that
I may lose images or edits. What happens when you import an old
database into a new one I have yet to find out. I haven't heard from
Adobe for 36 hours and I am about to experiment on my own. But first I
will make a copy of my current catalog. I also want to try and get
Crash Reporter running.

If LR offers a catalog update then it's probably necessary. I would
back up the catalogs and first try to import into a new database and
if that fails the catalog update...
--
teleportation kills

Old February 10th 18, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 19:26:15 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

Who said anything about 'continually'?

i did.

do try to keep up.

Thank you for making my point. You are making up most of this stuff.

Eric Stevens
Old February 10th 18, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

Who said anything about 'continually'?

i did.

do try to keep up.

Thank you for making my point.

my saying continually is because your problems are not a one-off.
they're actually rather frequent.

You are making up most of this stuff.

nope. i'm going by what you've said over the years.
Old February 10th 18, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 19:26:14 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

i'm bashing *your* claim that you have had no problems since windows
2k, but then go on to talk about various problems, this being yet
another one.

You are being parsimonious with the truth. I said I had no significant
Windows crashing problems. But that's not the same as saying that
Windows permissions system doesn't cause other problems for me. Nor is
it the same as having problems with applications.

it doesn't matter whether they're significant or not.

even the smallest problem will interrupt your workflow.

I have never had my workflow interupted by Windows 10 crashing until
Lightroom Classic CC locked up when using this particular catalog. It
doesn't lock up when using another catalog. You are severely misguided
if you think this points at a Windows problem.

Eric Stevens
Old February 10th 18, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

even the smallest problem will interrupt your workflow.

I have never had my workflow interupted by Windows 10 crashing until
Lightroom Classic CC locked up when using this particular catalog.

forgot about spyder so quickly?

It
doesn't lock up when using another catalog. You are severely misguided
if you think this points at a Windows problem.

it could be. you haven't identified how that catalog became corrupted
in the first place or what the exact cause of the crash actually is.

it could be lightroom, it could be windows, it could be an antivirus
app you've installed or a variety of other potential causes.

you are giving windows a free pass to *any* problem.
Old February 11th 18, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 18:19:50 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

Who said anything about 'continually'?

i did.

do try to keep up.

Thank you for making my point.

my saying continually is because your problems are not a one-off.
they're actually rather frequent.

You are making up most of this stuff.

nope. i'm going by what you've said over the years.

Most of my problems arise from not knowing. I can't remember Windows
crashing since I installed Windows 7. I have had one or two programs
run amok, such as is the present case with Lightroom. I don't know
what you are thinking of.

Eric Stevens
Old February 11th 18, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 18:38:41 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

even the smallest problem will interrupt your workflow.

I have never had my workflow interupted by Windows 10 crashing until
Lightroom Classic CC locked up when using this particular catalog.

forgot about spyder so quickly?

That was not a Windows problem. That turned out to be a 'user'
problem.

It
doesn't lock up when using another catalog. You are severely misguided
if you think this points at a Windows problem.

it could be. you haven't identified how that catalog became corrupted
in the first place or what the exact cause of the crash actually is.

It seems Adobe's Crash Report is not working. Check with Google and
you will find a lot of people and Adobe apps have been affected by
this of recent date.

it could be lightroom, it could be windows, it could be an antivirus
app you've installed or a variety of other potential causes.

That's wishful thinking.

you are giving windows a free pass to *any* problem.

And you are blaming it for all.

Eric Stevens
Old February 11th 18, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

Who said anything about 'continually'?

i did.

do try to keep up.

Thank you for making my point.

my saying continually is because your problems are not a one-off.
they're actually rather frequent.

You are making up most of this stuff.

nope. i'm going by what you've said over the years.

Most of my problems arise from not knowing.

i can see that.

I can't remember Windows
crashing since I installed Windows 7. I have had one or two programs
run amok, such as is the present case with Lightroom. I don't know
what you are thinking of.

who said anything about crashing?

problems take many forms.