fuji 602 numbering problem..Hellllp!

Old July 4th 04, 09:25 AM
Daniel

Default fuji 602 numbering problem..Hellllp!

Hi,

here is my own experience,
like you, went from the FinePix 4700, to the 601, and lately the 610...
and was also concerned about the "numbering way" of Fuji, but after a while
of tryings, settled for what it seemed the best for me:

First, I use the Fuji downloading software, and rename the files as per
their date of taking; it looks like "DSCF_Year_Month+date_hours+seconds" -
DSCF_2004_0704_162319AA.jpg
(162319 = 16 hours, 23 minutes, 19 seconds)

At the beginning, it looked very complicated, but when I get used to it, I
found that it was very easy and more meaningfull than just the shot
number....
and since I cannot physically take 2 different photos at the very same
moment (plus the time involved to change the memory cards) all the files had
a different "name" and were not trying to copy one on the other.....

On a second argument, just by the file name, you know when it was taken, in
which order, and it is easy to search for a particular photo that you
remember having taken let say after diner such a date....

Further to that, they all fit peacefully in the very same directory (or CD)
and easyer to me to make a search (particularly on a CD....)

And lately, I decided to change the "DSCF" (it was not really meaningfull to
me...) for my own firstname....
that way, when I exchange photos, with family and friends, everybody knows a
the first look who had taken the photo and when....

now, it looks like: Daniel_2004_0704_162319.jpg

Hope this was interesting for you to read....

Daniel

"Al Baker" a écrit dans le message de
Hi,
I have just bought a fuji 602 and also have a 4700. On the 4700 I found

that
every time I took a picture, it would number it and continue numbering it

in
the same order with different memory cards. (eg. 001 , 002, 003 and so

on),
With the 602 however it seems to
start from 001 every time i put a new card into the machine.
Is there anyway to stop this happening as it makes it difficult to add new
photos into an existing folder as it trys to overwrite the existing files.
Any ideas??