fuji 602 numbering problem..Hellllp!

Old July 3rd 04, 11:08 PM
Al Baker

Default fuji 602 numbering problem..Hellllp!

Hi,
I have just bought a fuji 602 and also have a 4700. On the 4700 I found that
every time I took a picture, it would number it and continue numbering it in
the same order with different memory cards. (eg. 001 , 002, 003 and so on),
With the 602 however it seems to
start from 001 every time i put a new card into the machine.
Is there anyway to stop this happening as it makes it difficult to add new
photos into an existing folder as it trys to overwrite the existing files.
Any ideas??

Old July 3rd 04, 11:39 PM
bagal

At a guess - setup menu - sequential numbering

it is a guess unless someone knows better

dB

Old July 4th 04, 01:58 AM
Philip Rawson

Do a Google for Pit's file renamer... works for me...

--
Philip Rawson

www.flymodels.co.uk

Old July 4th 04, 02:05 AM
bagal

hmm Al (or is it DGH?)
try
1 - www.fujifilm.com
2 - navigate to your own region/country
3 - contact support?

das B

"DGH" wrote in message
It resets to 001 every time.

Old July 4th 04, 02:07 AM
Fedman Kassad

"Al Baker" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,
I have just bought a fuji 602 and also have a 4700. On the 4700 I found that
every time I took a picture, it would number it and continue numbering it in
the same order with different memory cards. (eg. 001 , 002, 003 and so on),
With the 602 however it seems to
start from 001 every time i put a new card into the machine.
Is there anyway to stop this happening as it makes it difficult to add new
photos into an existing folder as it trys to overwrite the existing files.
Any ideas??

They say its a problem that comes from the double media (SmartMedia &
CompactFlash) storage, even if its been fixed on later models (or so Fuji says).

One somewhat working solution: after tranfering the pictures, erase them all
from card except the highest numbered one (of course you need to copy the
picture to another card if you plan to use a different one.
Here's a better explanation (among other neat stuff)
http://www.marius.org/fom-serve/cache/22.html

Also I somewhat read somewhere that you can find some free utilities that would
help you with the numbering issue (sorry I no more have the link).

Another way would be to let the fuji software handle the tranferring of files,
while renaming them to new folders.

Hope it helps a bit...

FDKS

Old July 4th 04, 03:33 AM
Phil Wheeler

Some cameras have a menu option to number continuously or to reset to 1
every time you change the card. Check your manual.

Phil

Old July 4th 04, 03:59 AM
George Preddy

"Al Baker" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I have just bought a fuji 602 and also have a 4700. On the 4700 I found that
every time I took a picture, it would number it and continue numbering it in
the same order with different memory cards. (eg. 001 , 002, 003 and so on),
With the 602 however it seems to
start from 001 every time i put a new card into the machine.
Is there anyway to stop this happening as it makes it difficult to add new
photos into an existing folder as it trys to overwrite the existing files.
Any ideas??

The S602 resets everytime which is a real pain. But it'll pick up
with the last image it finds on the card, so never delete your highest
#'d pic and you are ok. A hack, but not too much trouble. Until you
get comfortable with it, forget not to leave the last one, and
overwrite your originals on the next transfer. Best idea is to start
your numbering at 1000.
Old July 4th 04, 04:28 AM
[BnH]

Why don't you make new folder based on what you were shooting ?

=bob=

"Al Baker" wrote in message
Hi,

---

Old July 4th 04, 06:06 AM
Ken Oaf

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 22:08:49 GMT, "Al Baker" wrote:

Hi,
I have just bought a fuji 602 and also have a 4700. On the 4700 I found that
every time I took a picture, it would number it and continue numbering it in
the same order with different memory cards. (eg. 001 , 002, 003 and so on),
With the 602 however it seems to
start from 001 every time i put a new card into the machine.
Is there anyway to stop this happening as it makes it difficult to add new
photos into an existing folder as it trys to overwrite the existing files.
Any ideas??

That isn't a problem with the camera, it is meant to do that.

Use the Finepix software that should have come with the camera to download the
images and rename them. I find naming them by time and date they were taken is
the best.