Card Error (Card wiped on PC)

Old October 14th 05, 10:20 AM
Ron Hunter

Default Card Error (Card wiped on PC)

R. Murphy wrote:
Precisely why I use the card reader - unfortunately all too easy to do a
"Move" instead of a "Copy"!

Olympus do not have a utility as far as I could tell from their
downloads/FAQs etc.

- anyone else have any knowledge of e.g. free-standing software.?

"poddys" wrote in message
oups.com...
I never connect my camera to the computer since it's much faster to
copy/delete pictures by putting the memory card into a card reader than
using the camera (which isn't USB2.0). Also file manipulation chews
through the camera batteries... Have had the camera power off more than
once while copying files, and also you have to remember to power the
camera off and disconnect as soon as the files have been copied to
avoid the same.
It's just a lot easier to manipulate things with the PC - I would hope
none of the newer cameras have limitations so that you have to link the
camera.
If this is the case - hopefully Olympus have something that you can
download from their web site to re-initialise the card.

I often use a card reader, and Windows Explorer for transfering
pictures, and I don't see how you find it easy to 'move', rather than
'copy'. The default is to copy from one medium to the other, and you
have to hold down a key to change this function. Just pay attention to
what you are doing.

--
Ron Hunter
Old October 14th 05, 02:33 PM
poddys

Being totally paranoid these days with regard to losing photos, I
always copy the latest ones to the pc and leave them on the card for a
month before deleting them. Cards are cheap enough these days to
afford that luxury...
I also then backup my main pc to 3 others - just in case.... as well as
storing CD/DVD backups as the bank.

Old October 14th 05, 03:52 PM
David J Taylor

poddys wrote:
Being totally paranoid these days with regard to losing photos, I
always copy the latest ones to the pc and leave them on the card for a
month before deleting them. Cards are cheap enough these days to
afford that luxury...
I also then backup my main pc to 3 others - just in case.... as well
as storing CD/DVD backups as the bank.

Have you ever had to recover files from your backups?

David

Old October 14th 05, 09:03 PM
R. Murphy

What on earth has all this to do with my original query?

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message .uk...