advice on FUJI FinePix S602

Old August 4th 03, 03:35 PM
ConTactMe

Default advice on FUJI FinePix S602

I'm looking at buying this to take images of brass, copper, glass and other
shiny objects. I've heard it doesn't do well with dark images or low
contrast settings. Any advice, or any other suggestions? I need a camera
with a hot shoe and/or remote flash capabilities, smartcard and zoom/macro,
possibly burst settings.

Thanks for the advice.

Old August 4th 03, 07:55 PM
Canongirly

Mine works fine at all of the below. Pro version also gives you a cable
release thread and a flash pc socket.

Best accessory you can make/buy/steal for shooting shiny things is a light
tent. To give even lighting around your subject.

Easiest way to make one is to use a white cotton sheet or xxxxl t-shirt or
two and a hook and some string, Basically suspend it from the hook in the
ceiling or lightstand or whatever so that it drapes around (but not on) the
subject and illuminated from either side. (Think over bed mossy net).

m...

Old August 5th 03, 03:04 AM
BUNTOVNIK

"ConTactMe" wrote in message
m...
I'm looking at buying this to take images of brass, copper, glass and

other
shiny objects. I've heard it doesn't do well with dark images or low
contrast settings. Any advice, or any other suggestions? I need a camera
with a hot shoe and/or remote flash capabilities, smartcard and

zoom/macro,
possibly burst settings.

Thanks for the advice.

Wait for a few months, and get the new Fuji s7000 - same body and optics as
s602, but with a brand new 6 mpix sensor that can output huuuge 12 mpix
photos! Also has USB 2.0 (if I'm not wrong) and XD card support. Estimated
price: 799 $

Old August 6th 03, 03:11 PM
ConTactMe

Thanks for the advice. I found out it's coming out in October. Any
suggestions on a good digicam for around $250 in the mean time? I need to
get something with a smartcard and I'll settle for any flash for now. I just
home I can adapt filters to the camera.
Thanks again.

"BUNTOVNIK" wrote in message
m...