Synergy Batteries -- Can anyone comment?

Old July 6th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joel Connor

Default Synergy Batteries -- Can anyone comment?

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

Old July 6th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete[_8_]

On 2010-07-06 01:25:19 +0100, Joel Connor said:

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

Then, as one poster has already intimated "Never ask a question to
which you don't already know the answer".

We are all random Internet posters. Google is statistically more
definitive, according to the statistics.

HTH.

--
Pete

Old July 6th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joel Connor

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 01:37:27 +0100, Pete

On 2010-07-06 01:25:19 +0100, Joel Connor said:

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

Then, as one poster has already intimated "Never ask a question to
which you don't already know the answer".

We are all random Internet posters. Google is statistically more
definitive, according to the statistics.

HTH.

Thanks for outing yourself.

Old July 6th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joel Connor

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 17:41:42 -0700, NGBarfart

Joel Connor wrote:

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

Hey! Basement mothboy!
Why should anybody take the bait?
Once they reply, all you are going to do is jerk off all over this group.

Thanks for outing yourself.

Old July 6th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike S.

In article ,
Joel Connor wrote:

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

No experience, but your teaser sparked me interest and I looked around.
Unfortunately, the only product under this brand/model I can find is a
pre-charged NiMH cell ... even at the manufacturer's website
(http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm/page/aamignonbatteries).

Can you post a reference to a Li-Poly AA product?

Old July 6th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
SMS

On 05/07/10 5:41 PM, NGBarfart wrote:
In ,
Joel wrote:

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

Hey! Basement mothboy!
Why should anybody take the bait?
Once they reply, all you are going to do is jerk off all over this group.

Well if our favorite troll was really interested in learning about
camera batteries he could simply type "nimh versus lithium ion" into the
Google search box and click on "I'm Feeling Lucky."

Old July 6th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete[_8_]

On 2010-07-06 01:25:19 +0100, Joel Connor said:

There's a new type of 1.25v AA battery on the market, using a Lithium
Polymer configuration (not unlike the flat-pack in my MP3 player, but at a
different voltage) marketed by a company name of Hahnel.

A quick cursory search for reviews and discussions seem favorable. With
good low-temperature performance down to 23° F (-5° C), fast charging
times, etc.

Anyone here ever use them and care to comment?

Comments from the resident role-playing "x-spurts" that don't even own
cameras are not welcome. Don't worry, we already know who you are.

Then, as one poster has already intimated "Never ask a question to
which you don't already know the answer".

We are all random Internet posters. Google is statistically more
definitive, according to the statistics.

HTH.

Thanks for outing yourself.

No problem, it was predisposed in the question.

--
Pete

Old July 6th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joel Connor

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 01:35:19 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)

(
http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm/page/aamignonbatteries).

Can you post a reference to a Li-Poly AA product?

I'm getting conflicting information between ads and posts I've read. Such
as this one from amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hahnel-Synergy-AA-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000LY25WQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278381027&sr =8-2
which states:

"Product Description
hahnel Synergy batteries offer a number of advantages over traditional
alkaline batteries, including up to four times more power when used in a
digital camera, high performance even at low temperatures (down to 23
degrees F) during your winter holiday, and a vast cost savings in the long
run. The Synergy advantages are even more glaring when compared to typical
NiMH batteries: not only are they ready for use right out of the packet,
but they generally last longer than most NiMH batteries (continuous and
frequent recharging can destroy other NiMH models) and save both time and
money (traditional NiMH charging is slow when you're in a hurry, while
rapid chargers are expensive). All told, you can recharge these batteries
up to 500 times without experiencing a memory effect; just charge the
amount you need and you're set."

Most are claiming a typical NiMH chemistry. One I had read claiming Li-Poly
(and can't find that thread now). It could be I read that page too fast and
confused it for a Li-Poly chemistry. Which had me wondering because Lithium
chemistry will define 3.7v. Though I couldn't figure out how they got 1.25v
base voltage from HiMH chemistry either.

Then there's also the "Mignon" (not Synergy) brand name from Hahnel that
also claims NiMH chemistry.

Maybe they're just a new NiMH configuration and not Li-Poly.

In either case, they seem to be an improvement over the more recently
popular "Eneloop", "Hybrid", and other "pre-charged" NiMHs out there. The
rated 1.25v strongly suggests a different chemistry. So I was wondering if
anyone's been using them and if they perform up to their claims.

I do a lot of near-arctic-temperature photography at times (down to -44F)
and any improvement in cold weather performance, as well as reliable
fast-recharge times, intrigues me.

Old July 6th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joel Connor

Joel wrote:

[...]

And if the SMS troll was really interested in being a decent
pretend-photographer troll, he would know that Li-Ion is not ths same as
Li-Poly.

Try again.

Old July 6th 10, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Spanjaard

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:18:01 -0500, Joel Connor wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 01:35:19 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
wrote:

In article , Joel Connor
wrote:

[...]

We all know you are incapable of judging photographs.

http://www.arumes.com/temp/nimh.jpg

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com