Wanted - mini monopod, extended length 10"-18"

Old January 14th 14, 09:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Default Wanted - mini monopod, extended length 10"-18"

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size are telescopic,
intended for selfies:

http://www.adorama.com/VEVCCA019M.html
http://www.megagadgets.nl/en/monopod.html

But I need my monopod to usable under compression
(i.e. the normal mode of use of monopods).

(I essentially need an indoor, table top monopod,
for reasons all my own)

So - anyone able to help?

BugBear
Old January 14th 14, 12:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-01-14 09:35:40 +0000, bugbear said:

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size are telescopic,
intended for selfies:

http://www.adorama.com/VEVCCA019M.html
http://www.megagadgets.nl/en/monopod.html

But I need my monopod to usable under compression
(i.e. the normal mode of use of monopods).

WTF are you talking about, when you say "normal mode of use of monopods"?

(I essentially need an indoor, table top monopod,
for reasons all my own)

Tabletop monopod?
So, please tell us the reasons, unless they might get you arrested.

So - anyone able to help?

BugBear

Just buy a monopod which has a collapsed length you can deal with. Most
collapse to 15'' to 25''.
I have a carbon fiber SLIK which collapsed is 20.5''.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...82_Carbon.html

Here are a few others which collapsed to about 15'', should be in your
target range:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...bon_Fiber.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Monopod.htm l

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...pod_black.html

Savageduck

Old January 14th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gordo

On 2014-01-14 09:35:40 +0000, bugbear
said:

[...]

That Manfrotto $25 monopod looks like a good answer. Short, full length, a
walking stick and relatively compact.

Gordo

Old January 16th 14, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

On 2014-01-14 09:35:40 +0000, bugbear said:

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size are telescopic,
intended for selfies:

http://www.adorama.com/VEVCCA019M.html
http://www.megagadgets.nl/en/monopod.html

But I need my monopod to usable under compression
(i.e. the normal mode of use of monopods).

WTF are you talking about, when you say "normal mode of use of monopods"?

Bottom end on the ground - click on the links above
and you'll find the one's shown not used like that.

Just buy a monopod which has a collapsed length you can deal with. Most collapse to 15'' to 25''.
I have a carbon fiber SLIK which collapsed is 20.5''.

Subject says (accurately) I need something in the range 10" to 18".

BugBear

Old January 16th 14, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Tony Cooper wrote:

The only reason to buy a monopod is to get something that telescopes
and looks nice. For table-top use at home, you don't need either
feature.

Agreed. My use is not at home.

BugBear

Old January 16th 14, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-01-14 09:35:40 +0000, bugbear said:

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size are telescopic,
intended for selfies:

http://www.adorama.com/VEVCCA019M.html
http://www.megagadgets.nl/en/monopod.html

But I need my monopod to usable under compression
(i.e. the normal mode of use of monopods).

WTF are you talking about, when you say "normal mode of use of monopods"?

Bottom end on the ground - click on the links above
and you'll find the one's shown not used like that.

Just buy a monopod which has a collapsed length you can deal with. Most
collapse to 15'' to 25''.
I have a carbon fiber SLIK which collapsed is 20.5''.

Subject says (accurately) I need something in the range 10" to 18".

First, I was letting you know what monopod I had and what it had as a
minimum length.

Then for whatever reason you chose to ignore three options I gave you,
which collapsed are 15'', 15'', & 15.4'' respectively. That seems to
fall in the 10'' to 18'' range you are looking for. That is, if it
really a monopod you are looking for.

Savageduck

Old January 16th 14, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
_trim says...

On 2014-01-14 09:35:40 +0000, bugbear said:

I can't find one of these (they may well not exist).
The only ones I can find in this size are telescopic,
intended for selfies:

http://www.adorama.com/VEVCCA019M.html
http://www.megagadgets.nl/en/monopod.html

But I need my monopod to usable under compression
(i.e. the normal mode of use of monopods).

WTF are you talking about, when you say "normal mode of use of monopods"?

Bottom end on the ground - click on the links above
and you'll find the one's shown not used like that.

Just buy a monopod which has a collapsed length you can deal with. Most collapse to 15'' to 25''.
I have a carbon fiber SLIK which collapsed is 20.5''.

Subject says (accurately) I need something in the range 10" to 18".

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/171802-
REG/Hakuba_H_MS10SG_Mono_Pod_10_Champagne.html