Top Photoblogs list

Old September 27th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Robert Chin

Default Top Photoblogs list

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...

Rotsa ruck (anti-Chinese slur intentional in this case).

Asshole, what proof do you have that is was a Chinese person that posted
this?

Old September 27th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

Robert Chin wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 8/27/2008 12:09 AM Robert Chin spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Rotsa ruck (anti-Chinese slur intentional in this case).
I'd love to be the one to **** in your food next time you order out.

Get rid of all the Chinese spammers first, then let's talk.

Why do you single out Chinese spammers to justify your slur against all
Chinese?

Good question. I will not add a block. The Chinese could be our next
most important group of contributors. I can block the SPAM.
Old September 27th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

On 9/26/2008 4:23 PM Robert Chin spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...

Racist? Hardly.

If it sounds racist, looks racist and smells racist...

I'll be quite up-front about it: I don't care much for the Chinese.

OKay...let's get into it.

Now we're getting somewhere ... where, I don't know, but somewhere.

And I think I speak for a lot of folks, most of who wouldn't dare express
it that way, but nonetheless share my feelings.

I don't care for China's abysmal human rights policies.

What about the US abysmal human rights policy? The use of torture on
prisoners of war? The dilution of that very term? What about the racism
perpetuated in the US by the current administration and it's supporters?
What about the treatment of Native Americans by this country?

I see you and raise your bet.

You're not wrong, and I don't even know where to start to add to the
short list you gave. In general, all I can say is that the most
disgusting aspect to me is how we (US) justify every evil we do by our
claim to being the "shining city atop the hill", the beacon of
democracy, yadda yadda yadda. (Played to the strains of the 9-11 Anthem.)

Fact is, you don't KNOW anything about China's human rights policy except
what you read in the news. And what you read in hte news is what this
government wants you to think.

I don't mindlessly comsume Fox/Faux News or Newsweek. I know enough
about Chinese policy and government action to not like it. I read
judiciously.

I don't like the Chinese embrace of capitalism with a vengeance, with
little regard for anything but making more money.

Isn't that the American Way? Now you don't like how China has out America'd
America?

Yes; they've done exactly that, though without even the passing nod to
humanitarianism given by American capitalists. Which is exactly what one
expects when a huge country lurches, basically, from feudalism to 21st
century global capitalism.

I don't like their disregard for such niceties as not pirating software,

But it was okay for Bill Gates to become a gazillion babillionaire by
stealing ideas for DOS from CP/M and the idea for Windows from Xerox Parc
and Apple Mac? BTW, did YOU pay for EVERY piece of software you EVER
INSTALLED? Be honest.

Of course I haven't. Point about Bill Gates taken.

and while we're at it, their spamming behavior: certainly not the worst
thing in perspective, but indicative of the mindset.

Oh? What is that mindset? Win? Compete? I don't know if you've noticed
what's going on in the US of A lately, but none of us who are citizens of
this country has a right to throw stones when our country is guilty of the
same things, past and present.

Can't argue with that.

Still willing to talk if you are.

- Paulo Freire

Anyone NOT wanting to be trolled by SMS use this list! Filter List for rec.photo.digital, 24 November 2007 SMS ???• ?[_2_] 35mm Photo Equipment 3 December 1st 07 04:33 PM
Anyone NOT wanting to be trolled by SMS use this list! Filter List for rec.photo.digital, 24 November 2007 SMS ???• ?[_2_] Digital SLR Cameras 3 December 1st 07 04:33 PM
photoblogs JC Dill Digital Photography 5 January 4th 07 09:55 PM
Photoblogs [email protected] Digital Photography 2 April 1st 06 09:03 AM
My wish list ColynG© General Equipment For Sale 0 October 18th 04 03:55 AM