Seagull

Old November 24th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default Seagull

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5702/p1030792filteredcropge6.jpg
--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old November 25th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:17:08 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote in
:

Nice. Looking for a hand out no doubt. :-)

Thanks. The seagull is indeed coming in for a hand out, on final
approach to land on the boat I was standing on. Shot hand held on the
bouncing boat with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8.

Old November 25th 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"John Navas" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:17:08 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote in
:

Nice. Looking for a hand out no doubt. :-)

Thanks. The seagull is indeed coming in for a hand out, on final
approach to land on the boat I was standing on. Shot hand held on the
bouncing boat with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8.

I think you could have taken the same shot with any camera. Trick is to get
the seagull parked in the right place ;-))
But very nice!
What kind of carrot did you hold in front of him? Fish?

--
"I donīt need a camera,
I have a photographic memory..."

Old November 25th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , John Navas
wrote:

Thanks. The seagull is indeed coming in for a hand out, on final
approach to land on the boat I was standing on. Shot hand held on the
bouncing boat with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8.

WOW! Bet that was tough.
Old November 25th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:17:41 -0000, "Sosumi" wrote in
:

"John Navas" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:17:08 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote in
:

Nice. Looking for a hand out no doubt. :-)

Thanks. The seagull is indeed coming in for a hand out, on final
approach to land on the boat I was standing on. Shot hand held on the
bouncing boat with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8.

I think you could have taken the same shot with any camera. Trick is to get
the seagull parked in the right place ;-))
But very nice!
What kind of carrot did you hold in front of him? Fish?

Thank you. The seagull was actually moving rapidly in flight, coming in
for a landing, No food was being held out.

Old November 25th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , George Kerby
wrote:

I can believe that. He was asking himself: "Just WHAT kind of crappy camera
is that fool using? I can't believe the POS that some people carry around!"

Maybe the seagull was maneuvering to get overhead so that he could do
what seagulls do best.
Old November 26th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_3_]

John Navas wrote:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5702/p1030792filteredcropge6.jpg

It's badly oversharpened - look at the halos around the bird's claws.
Old November 26th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , Cynicor
wrote:

John Navas wrote:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5702/p1030792filteredcropge6.jpg

It's badly oversharpened - look at the halos around the bird's claws.

Oh no, you must be mistaken. Navas knows just about everything about
photography and Motorola cell phone chargers.
Old November 26th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Nov 26, 3:04 am, Cynicor wrote:
John Navas wrote:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5702/p1030792filteredcropge6.jpg

It's badly oversharpened - look at the halos around the bird's claws.

Heavily noise-reduced, too. Sadly, I have just revealed myself to be
insecure by noticing that.

Oh well. If my anatomy doesn't cut it, a big(ish) sensor will have to
do

Seagull TLR for landscape photos? [email protected] Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 9th 06 02:08 PM
Seagull TLR for landscape photos? Stacey Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 5th 06 02:28 AM
Seagull TLR for landscape photos? Jeremy Medium Format Photography Equipment 3 March 4th 06 04:38 PM
Old Seagull 4B Tagg Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 December 25th 05 09:38 PM
seagull sa-99 repair googacky Medium Format Photography Equipment 5 May 22nd 04 12:09 AM