Initial images from new Nikons = P&S quality

Old September 24th 11, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Default Initial images from new Nikons = P&S quality

Bruce wrote in

I didn't think the Pentax 40mm f/2.8 was all that great.

I have no idea what will happen to the Nikon or (especially) the Q
Pentax.

If Ricoh has any sense, the Pentax Q will be quietly forgotten.

I don't know what the copier company is going to do, but I will be sad the
day they cancel the 645, a truly great camera.
Old September 24th 11, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mike Benveniste

On 9/23/2011 10:34 PM, Rich wrote:

I don't know what the copier company is going to do, but I will be sad the
day they cancel the 645, a truly great camera.

I guess you were sad in 1997, since that's when the 645 was
discontinued.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing
Old September 24th 11, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mike Benveniste
wrote:

I don't know what the copier company is going to do, but I will be sad the
day they cancel the 645, a truly great camera.

I guess you were sad in 1997, since that's when the 645 was
discontinued.

it's obvious that he means the *current* 645d.
Old September 25th 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Mike Benveniste wrote in
:

On 9/23/2011 10:34 PM, Rich wrote:

I don't know what the copier company is going to do, but I will be
sad the day they cancel the 645, a truly great camera.

I guess you were sad in 1997, since that's when the 645 was
discontinued.

This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.
Old September 25th 11, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mike Benveniste

On 9/24/2011 11:10 PM, Rich wrote:

This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.

Which is called the 645D, not the 645. Have you ever even touched
one, or are you relying on hearsay? I don't recall seeing any sample
shots from you with it.

If you had, I would have expected you to write a post complaining
about the use of plastics in the $1500 55mm f/2.8 normal lens, one
of exactly two lenses Pentax currently sells for the camera.

Old September 25th 11, 06:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_16_]

"Rich" wrote in message
[]
This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.

This appear to be two groups, as per a normal Rich cross posting.

rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

As the Nikons are not DSLR, no need to post to
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, so follow-ups set.

Next time, choose just one group, Rich.

Old September 26th 11, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Mike Benveniste wrote in news:9e7o27Fd2gU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 9/24/2011 11:10 PM, Rich wrote:

This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.

Which is called the 645D, not the 645. Have you ever even touched
one, or are you relying on hearsay? I don't recall seeing any sample
shots from you with it.

If you had, I would have expected you to write a post complaining
about the use of plastics in the $1500 55mm f/2.8 normal lens, one
of exactly two lenses Pentax currently sells for the camera.

I've used it and have posted about what a great camera it is. I said it
before, it is one of the most beautifully balanced cameras I've ever
used.
Old September 26th 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

"David J Taylor" wrote in
:

"Rich" wrote in message
[]
This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.

This appear to be two groups, as per a normal Rich cross posting.

rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

As the Nikons are not DSLR, no need to post to
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, so follow-ups set.

Next time, choose just one group, Rich.

If you don't deal with mirrorless cameras as replacements for DSLRs in
that group, all you'll have there are Indian spammers trying to hawk
girlie pictures or havest your personal data.
Old September 26th 11, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mike Benveniste

On 9/25/2011 10:19 PM, Rich wrote:

I've used it and have posted about what a great camera it is. I said it
before, it is one of the most beautifully balanced cameras I've ever
used.

Uh huh. So we should assume you got exactly zero shots with it worth
posting?

Old September 26th 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-09-25 19:20:21 -0700, Rich said:

"David J Taylor" wrote in
:

"Rich" wrote in message
[]
This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.

This appear to be two groups, as per a normal Rich cross posting.

rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

As the Nikons are not DSLR, no need to post to
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, so follow-ups set.

Next time, choose just one group, Rich.

If you don't deal with mirrorless cameras as replacements for DSLRs in
that group, all you'll have there are Indian spammers trying to hawk
girlie pictures or havest your personal data.

You need some better filters then.

Savageduck