Nikon D50 - Cleaning

Old November 25th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TonyU

Default Nikon D50 - Cleaning

Has anyone cleaned a Nikon D50 sensor? Should I try as an amateur or
get the shop to do it?

I have a small spot on the sensor that appears as a shdow in all the
pics..
advice welcome

Tont
Old November 25th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TonyU

OK this looks promising
thanks for the pointers

Learn to clean it yourself.http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=Tutorials

Old November 26th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

TonyU wrote:
OK this looks promising
thanks for the pointers

You may find that a simple blower (manual puffer) is enough.

David

Old November 26th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bernard Rother

David J Taylor wrote:
TonyU wrote:
OK this looks promising
thanks for the pointers

You may find that a simple blower (manual puffer) is enough.

David

I use a blower first and if that doesn't clear it then I use a Sensor
Klear pen made by Lenspen on my D70. Works like a charm .... similar
principle to their Lenspen.

Bernard.
Old November 28th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
none[_2_]

David J Taylor wrote:
TonyU wrote:
OK this looks promising
thanks for the pointers

You may find that a simple blower (manual puffer) is enough.

David

this may help
http://www.photochimper.com/forum/op...-cleaning.html

--
http://www.photochimper.com
A great digital photo Club/forum
Old December 1st 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim Nason

On 2007-11-25 17:57:12 -0500, TonyU said:

Has anyone cleaned a Nikon D50 sensor? Should I try as an amateur or
get the shop to do it?

I have a small spot on the sensor that appears as a shdow in all the
pics..
advice welcome

Tont

If it is just a spot of dust, then get a large bulb blower (no brush,
no compressed air), , follow Nikons instructions for locking up the
mirror, turn the camera face down and blow the dust off. Simple,
cheap and very little likely hood of damage.

--
jen ... not.. home...//// yahoo... com