Is There Another Newsgroup?

Old September 1st 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Wiss

Default Is There Another Newsgroup?

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:50:29 +0800, "Gerrit 't Hart" wrote:

OK I use OE, but how do I set it up so that it automatically sets the cursor
at the bottom of the post I am replying to?

Here is an add-in that solves this for OE e-mail. Not being a user of any
OE product I have no idea whether OE e-mail is integrated with OE news. If
so, then this may work.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old September 1st 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Andrew MacPherson

(Unclaimed
Mysteries) wrote:

This so-called bottom-posting is nothing but lefty hogwash

fx: sound of duelling banjos

Andrew McP
Old September 1st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Bart van der Wolf wrote:
"Rex B" wrote in message
BTW....it is considered bad-form to top-post!

SNIP
I post wherever it makes the most sense -

snip

Agreed, and appreciated. A little netiquette goes a long way.

--
Bart

Exactly. Trim the item you are replying to, and then post.

Old September 1st 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank Pittel

Another flame war about top posting would be fun.

Stewy wrote:
: In article , "Jack"
: wrote:

: Makes no difference whether it is digital or film. However, I am thinking
: maybe film, as there used to be a very good 35mm newsgroup, but that went
: down the pan.
:
: I just want to get away from the consumer market and into a newsgroup that
: discusses more serious topics other than this.
:
: A few years ago this NG was OK, however now I want to scream!
:
: No offence to the consumers, you are quite entitled to post, but
: realistically, how can you combine a newsgroup with people shooting on their
: camera phone with people who shoot on 1Ds's? It's not going to work is it.
:
: What exactly do you want to 'chat' about with like-minded supreme
: beings? Photon numbers? Leica glass compared to Zeiss glass? Whinges
: about cameras designed for right handers?

: A little more info about what you want and a little less petulance about
: us mortals would be a great help...

--

-------------------
Old September 1st 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Yes, yes it would. Even if a little off topic.

--
Joan

Old September 1st 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Bart van der Wolf wrote:

"Unclaimed Mysteries"
the_letter_k_and_the_numeral_4_doh@unclaimedmyste ries.net wrote in
message k.net...
SNIP

Ignored, because it was unclear to what or whom the top poster was
reacting. Since he couldn't care less about my time having to figure out
which part of the unedited post he was addressing, I'm also not going to
waste more time on his message.

Have a nice day.

But he did care enough to craft a tasty bit o' bait.....

--
John McWilliams
Old September 1st 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bart van der Wolf

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
. ..
SNIP
But he did care enough to craft a tasty bit o' bait.....

I wouldn't know, as I ignored the content (if any) of his message.

--
Bart

Old September 1st 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Andrew MacPherson

Default Is There Another Newsgroup? [OT netiquette]

(Joan) wrote:

I was taught not to give advice until requested.

It's ok, there's no charge.

Andrew McP