Nearly Broke my dang leg with that LF thang.

Old March 16th 04, 07:08 PM
Gregory W Blank

Default Nearly Broke my dang leg with that LF thang.

Thought you might enjoy a good laugh, went out this morning to get a few
more winter shots. Went up to a Local Park and the stream that runs through
the park along the road. Got set up with my 4x5 on a rather slick boulder,
very carefully, but alas I stepped back and slid. I felt myself starting to fall and thought
"God help me I am falling", that's when I hit the rock. It could have been alot worse
as I was on the edge with about a 15 foot drop into the water and additional
rocks. I caught the tripod and almost pulled
the camera over with me. But it held, so I did not end up in the river,
I thought I broke my leg in two places, actually I think I just dislocated my leg at
the knee and the hip. When I stood up every thing seemed
to pop back, so I guess I am ok. Although my left glutious maximus is slightly sore :-)
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old March 16th 04, 08:08 PM
Bruce

Geeez Greg, what kinid of tripod do you have?

I caught the tripod and almost pulled
the camera over with me. But it held, so I did not end up in the river,

I ma glad you made ok.

_________________
Ready, Fire, AIM.
Bruce
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Old March 16th 04, 08:44 PM
BLKnWHTwisner

Hey Gregory,

Man, you got to get some of those mountain goat boots (:)

Glad that you didn't suffer more than you did. Thank God for those big strong
manly tripods.

Take care and be careful.

Lauvone

Old March 17th 04, 07:12 AM
Frank Pittel

I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. I would recommend that you get yourself
checked out by a doctor. I rolled my ankle on new years eve in a completely
non-alchol related event. Like you I poped back into place and was able to
walk on it. A little over a week later I went to have it checked out just in
case. It turned out that I completly ruptured a couple of ligaments and all
that was holding my ankle together was a couple of tendons and a little cartalidge
was all that was holding it together. A trip or stumble and I would have been
lucky to be able to with a cane!

Gregory W Blank wrote:
: Thought you might enjoy a good laugh, went out this morning to get a few
: more winter shots. Went up to a Local Park and the stream that runs through
: the park along the road. Got set up with my 4x5 on a rather slick boulder,
: very carefully, but alas I stepped back and slid. I felt myself starting to fall and thought
: "God help me I am falling", that's when I hit the rock. It could have been alot worse
: as I was on the edge with about a 15 foot drop into the water and additional
: rocks. I caught the tripod and almost pulled
: the camera over with me. But it held, so I did not end up in the river,
: I thought I broke my leg in two places, actually I think I just dislocated my leg at
: the knee and the hip. When I stood up every thing seemed
: to pop back, so I guess I am ok. Although my left glutious maximus is slightly sore :-)
: --
: LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

-------------------

Old March 17th 04, 03:22 PM
Alecj

OK, Greg. Now that you've told us about your extraneous activities, what
about the important stuff.

DID YOU GET THE PICTURE?????

Old March 17th 04, 04:46 PM
Silvio Manuel

In article ,
"Fred Leif" wrote:

Hmmm ... if the tripod had fallen along with you, would you have had Ries's
Pieces ?

Argh that is soooo bad. Haha!! :-)
--
Would you like to know the precise date of your own death?
What if anything is too serious to be joked about?
Old March 17th 04, 04:50 PM
Silvio Manuel

In article ,
"Alecj" wrote:

OK, Greg. Now that you've told us about your extraneous activities, what
about the important stuff.

DID YOU GET THE PICTURE?????

I think so, its on transparency film so I gotta run it to the lab tomorrow.

I am Ok, but my poor grandma's umberella got destroyed in the process.
Holding an umberella, checking the focus with a darkcloth and inserting a
holder at the same time on a slippery rock is not advised. ;-)