Phil Askey's henchmen sensorship

Old October 15th 05, 03:16 PM
Charles Schuler

Default Phil Askey's henchmen sensorship

This is a quote from here
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=15407059

That message appears to have been deleted.

From my experience, what does happen a lot on dpreview forums is that a
poster describes a difficulty or a shortcoming or a flaw and the "Brand
Zealots" fire back and often bash the poster. Sometimes a rude interchange
follows and as tempers flare, someone winds up being banned.

I'd say it's the behavior of the group and Phil only steps in when things
get out of hand. I don't think Phil bans camera criticizers or has minions
that he has selected and cultivated. If he did, I'd have been banned by
now.

Old October 15th 05, 03:36 PM
Charles Schuler

This comes in the wake of criticisms about many reviews on
the site lately.

Phil's reviews are too glowing. I avoid reading some of what he writes
because his opinions are VERY positive at least 90% of the time. He does do
a decent job with the technical parts of his reviews and his descriptions of
the various features. Strange, but when he does occasionally "complain"
about some feature or lack thereof, usually it is something trivial.

Old October 15th 05, 05:04 PM
Roy Sperling

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:36:50 -0400, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

This comes in the wake of criticisms about many reviews on
the site lately.

Phil's reviews are too glowing. I avoid reading some of what he writes
because his opinions are VERY positive at least 90% of the time. He does do
a decent job with the technical parts of his reviews and his descriptions of
the various features. Strange, but when he does occasionally "complain"
about some feature or lack thereof, usually it is something trivial.

Why is anyone surprised about this? Why would anyone assume the guy is
objective and balanced, willing to state obvious serious negatives?

"Whose bread I eat, his song I sing."