LOST PICTURES ---- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old November 6th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RainLover

Default LOST PICTURES ---- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping SOMEONE here can help me.

I just arrived home from a 3 week trip to Africa and was blown away to
discover one of my memory cards is EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to make it even odder, I was reviewing pictures everyday, so they
WERE on the card.

I got some software recover program and took a look... there were some
photos! but... They were photos I took back in MARCH of this year
and purposely deleted back then!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PICTURES?????

Any ideas?

The only think I can think of is that particular card was in my
checked luggage and something ZAPPED it... be even so, why did my old,
deleted pictures stay and the brand new ones vanish?

Help, Help, Help! Any suggestions on recovering them????

James

Old November 6th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
HankB

On Nov 6, 12:29 pm, RainLover
wrote:
I'm hoping SOMEONE here can help me.

I just arrived home from a 3 week trip to Africa and was blown away to
discover one of my memory cards is EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about some detail.

What kind of card?

Are you reading this through a card reader or via a USB cable to the
camera.

What kind of camera?

Can you still view the pictures in the camera?

Try a different card reader, if possible. I had one that could not
read past 1GB on an SD card though it could see pictures stored on the
first GB of a 2GB SD card. I'm not sure if the same issue applies to
CF cards.

HTH,
hank

Old November 6th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pat

On Nov 6, 1:29 pm, RainLover
wrote:
I'm hoping SOMEONE here can help me.

I just arrived home from a 3 week trip to Africa and was blown away to
discover one of my memory cards is EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to make it even odder, I was reviewing pictures everyday, so they
WERE on the card.

I got some software recover program and took a look... there were some
photos! but... They were photos I took back in MARCH of this year
and purposely deleted back then!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PICTURES?????

Any ideas?

The only think I can think of is that particular card was in my
checked luggage and something ZAPPED it... be even so, why did my old,
deleted pictures stay and the brand new ones vanish?

Help, Help, Help! Any suggestions on recovering them????

James

First off, PANIC. Now you've got that out of your system.

Now calm down, and as HankB said, give some more details.

First off, are you sure you didn't take 2 memory cards and this is
just the wrong card. That would be my first guess.

Also as Hank said, put the card in the camera and look for the
pictures. Report back.

Meanwhile, go to a big walmart or photo store and buya Lexar Pro
card. IIRC, it comes with recover software and I believe it will work
on any card.

Now breath slow and calm down.

Old November 6th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RainLover

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:44:55 -0800, HankB wrote:

On Nov 6, 12:29 pm, RainLover
wrote:
I'm hoping SOMEONE here can help me.

I just arrived home from a 3 week trip to Africa and was blown away to
discover one of my memory cards is EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about some detail.

What kind of card?

Are you reading this through a card reader or via a USB cable to the
camera.

What kind of camera?

Can you still view the pictures in the camera?

Try a different card reader, if possible. I had one that could not
read past 1GB on an SD card though it could see pictures stored on the
first GB of a 2GB SD card. I'm not sure if the same issue applies to
CF cards.

HTH,
hank

Hi Hank,

DETAILS:

- Pictures where viewable throughout Africa
- It's an SD 512mb card (thank god it was THAT one and not my 3gig one
- once I arrived back in the states, the camera says 'emtpy card'
- putting the SD into a slot on my home computer (and it shows empty)

The REALLY weird thing is that when I use a recovery program, it FINDS
files that I DELETED back in March, but NOTHING for last week.

I'm trying to get over the grief since I think all is lost, but ANY
suggestions would be welcomed

James, Port Orchard (near Seattle), WA, USA, Earth

Old November 7th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2007-11-06 15:14:39 -0800, RainLover

wrote:
[...]

Okay. I live in Belfair. Maybe we can get together and take a look at
it. In the meantime, don't do anything more to the card?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old November 7th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pat

On Nov 6, 7:09 pm, C J Campbell
On 2007-11-06 15:14:39 -0800, RainLover

wrote:
[...]

Yes, if you can get together with CJ that's a GREAT idea. Take the
card out and set it aside. Don't even put it back in your computer or
camera, again.

Meanwhile, make sure the 3 gig card doesn't have the pix you are
looking for and you just don't remember swapping out cards.

Old November 7th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jean

"RainLover" a écrit dans le message de
I'm hoping SOMEONE here can help me.

I just arrived home from a 3 week trip to Africa and was blown away to
discover one of my memory cards is EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to make it even odder, I was reviewing pictures everyday, so they
WERE on the card.

I got some software recover program and took a look... there were some
photos! but... They were photos I took back in MARCH of this year
and purposely deleted back then!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PICTURES?????

Any ideas?

The only think I can think of is that particular card was in my
checked luggage and something ZAPPED it... be even so, why did my old,
deleted pictures stay and the brand new ones vanish?

Help, Help, Help! Any suggestions on recovering them????

I have been succesfull with either of these:

http://www.recovermyphotos.com/
http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

Above all, make sure you don't write on the card, either from the camera or
your computer

Jean

Old November 7th 07, 08:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_4_]

RainLover wrote:
[]
- Pictures where viewable throughout Africa
- It's an SD 512mb card (thank god it was THAT one and not my 3gig one
- once I arrived back in the states, the camera says 'emtpy card'
- putting the SD into a slot on my home computer (and it shows empty)

The REALLY weird thing is that when I use a recovery program, it FINDS
files that I DELETED back in March, but NOTHING for last week.

I'm trying to get over the grief since I think all is lost, but ANY
suggestions would be welcomed

James, Port Orchard (near Seattle), WA, USA, Earth

Possibility:

- before Africa, when you last used the card in your computer, you did not
"safely eject" it.

- when you replaced the card in the computer, it rewrote the directory of
contents which it had before Africa, thus "erasing" what you wrote in
Africa.

I know this sounds unlikely, because I guess the computer was switched off
while you were in Africa, but does it fit with what happened?

I wish you a successful recovery.

Cheers,
David

Old November 7th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

No need to panic James, you can have your pictures back. Try Stellar
Phoenix Digital Media Recovery Software.
It Recovers lost or deleted digital pictures from: Memory Sticks,
Flash Cards, Sony Memory Stick, IBM Micro Drive, SD Cards, MMC Cards,
XD Cards, Secure Digital Card, Zip Disks, Mini Disks.
This Advanced Photo Recovery Software supports all major camera
manufacturers, including:
Nikon (NEF) Canon (CRW, CR2) Olympus (ORF) Sony (SR2, ARW
files)Kodak (K25, KDC, DCR) Fuji (RAF) Minolta (MRW) Pentax (PEF)
Sigma (X3F)
Download the demo version from: http://www.stellarinfo.com/digital-media-recovery.htm

Old November 8th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RainLover

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:09:44 -0800, C J Campbell

On 2007-11-06 15:14:39 -0800, RainLover

wrote:
[...]

Hi, Do you think you COULD do something with this card? Any help
would be appreciated!

James (james at jameskelseystudios dot *com*)