Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Old August 29th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
C J Campbell[_2_]

Default Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

In message 2009082710430816807-christophercampbellremovethis@hotmailcom
, C J Campbell writes
On 2009-08-26 11:48:43 -0700, Elliott Roper said:

In article , Kulvinder
Singh Matharu wrote:

I've just returned from a trip around Afghanistan and have put some
of the more decent photos online here using a Flash-based engine:
http://www.ninjatrek.com/
Thanks. Wonderful. Beautiful.
Why are us Western idiots bombing the B'Jasus out of those beautiful
people? I don't care if they look static and posed. I'd like to be able
to sit down and hear their story, just after looking at their faces.
Why can't we just get along?

Something about freeing them from an oppressive regime called the
Taliban which made Hitler's Germany look like a children's choir.

I have seen interviews recently in both Pakistan and Afghanistan that
say the Taliban and the USA are as bad as each other. Though the USA
forces have killed more civilians of late.

One would expect terrorists to claim that. Another claim that they
always make is that anyone you kill is a civilian, even if the civilian
is firing an RPG at you.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old August 29th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

On 2009-08-26 11:48:43 -0700, Elliott Roper said:

In article , Kulvinder
Singh Matharu wrote:

[...]

One would expect a fascist to say that. Another claim is that
everyone who has been killed must have been a terrorist. Even if they
were a mother an infant child.

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 29th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

On 2009-08-29 07:00:41 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , Bill Graham
writes

"Chris H" wrote in message news:a4UAYoMSR5lKFA6o@p
haedsys.demon.co.uk...
In message , Bill Graham
writes

"Elliott Roper" wrote in message news:26082009194843

Why are us Western idiots bombing the B'Jasus out of those beautiful
people? I don't care if they look static and posed. I'd like to be able
to sit down and hear their story, just after looking at their faces.
Why can't we just get along?

I believe we are attempting to bomb the B'Jesus out of the terrorists
who took out our twin towers and their supporters.

Then you are WRONG... the terrorists who took out the twin tower were
Saudis. (Saudi has a far more oppressive regime than Afghanistan

They may have been Saudi's, but they were being trained and prepped by
OBL in an Afghani camp......Why do you think we are there?

No idea really. Wasn't oil this time.

Initially due to the Taliban support for AQ & OBL after WTC, and with
the full support of NATO.

There was no "support". The Afgan gvernment was demanding evidence
that OBL was involved. The US refused to provide the evidence.

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 29th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank Carsted

On 2009-08-29 07:00:41 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , Bill Graham
[...]

When Bush refused to hold it in a court of law he spat on the flag, the
constitution, both houses, the judicial system, and the financial
institutions that depend on all of the above. I don't think he missed
spitting on anything that the USA used to stand for. He and his whole
cabinet should have been impeached and hung until dead, right then and
there. Instead, blinded by their puerile patriotism, they all applauded.

Old August 29th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

news

On 2009-08-29 07:00:41 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , Bill Graham
writes

[...]

As should have been Johnson, Nixon, Kennedy, Carter, you name them; as well
as most of both houses.
Our two party system has been a joke for a very long time. There is only
"them" and "us" and it is up to "us" to vote "them" out.
Congress and the senate create the deficits and then campaign against their
comrades who helped create the mess and WE the voters fall right into the
BS.

Old August 29th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

Old August 29th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

On 2009-08-26 11:48:43 -0700, Elliott Roper said:

One would expect terrorists to claim that. Another claim that they
always make is that anyone you kill is a civilian, even if the civilian
is firing an RPG at you.

One would expect a fascist to say that. Another claim is that
everyone who has been killed must have been a terrorist. Even if they
were a mother an infant child.

Putz

Another one of your typically well-reasoned arguments.

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 29th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

On 2009-08-29 07:00:41 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , Bill Graham
writes

[...]

Corporate propaganda.

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 29th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

mikey4 wrote:

.. .

In message
On 2009-08-26 11:48:43 -0700, Elliott Roper said:

One would expect terrorists to claim that. Another claim that they
always make is that anyone you kill is a civilian, even if the civilian
is firing an RPG at you.

One would expect a fascist to say that. Another claim is that
everyone who has been killed must have been a terrorist. Even if they
were a mother an infant child.

Putz

Another one of your typically well-reasoned arguments.

--
Ray Fischer

How does it feel to be the pot? Schmuck