Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Old August 29th 09, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

Default Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

"Chris H" wrote in message
I have seen interviews recently in both Pakistan and Afghanistan that
say the Taliban and the USA are as bad as each other. Though the USA
forces have killed more civilians of late.

"Interviews"? By whom? Your Communist friends? - Give me a break!

Old August 29th 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

"Chris H" wrote in message
In message , Bill Graham
writes

"Elliott Roper" wrote in message news:26082009194843

Why are us Western idiots bombing the B'Jasus out of those beautiful
people? I don't care if they look static and posed. I'd like to be able
to sit down and hear their story, just after looking at their faces.
Why can't we just get along?

I believe we are attempting to bomb the B'Jesus out of the terrorists
who took out our twin towers and their supporters.

Then you are WRONG... the terrorists who took out the twin tower were
Saudis. (Saudi has a far more oppressive regime than Afghanistan

They may have been Saudi's, but they were being trained and prepped by OBL
in an Afghani camp......Why do you think we are there? The Afghanis don't
have any oil........The Taliban has been hosting those maniacs. And will
continue to do so unless and until we destroy them.

Old August 29th 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

"Walter Banks" wrote in message

Bill Graham wrote:

I believe we are attempting to bomb the B'Jesus out of the terrorists who
took out our twin towers and their supporters. (The Taliban) If you want
turn your back on those actions, then be my guest. But don't bitch at me
for
taking the fight over there. I am only exhibiting common sense. I was
only
just, "getting along" on September 10th, 2001. But there were others who
obviously didn't want to just, "get along" with me. People reap what
they
sew in this world.......

That is like saying you are guilty of murder for the slaying of a gang
member in the east end of Toronto by a Jamaican whose mother
lived for a time as an illegal in the US.

If my government hosted the Jamaican, then I would bear some of the
responsibility. I am responsible for the actions of my leaders. That is why
I believe in Democracy over dictatorships. It is also why I believe that the
right of revolution is the supreme law of the land. (not the Constitution)
Like it or not, the Afghani people are responsible for the actions of their
leaders. If their leaders host terrorists, then they will have to suffer for
it. They are lucky that we are there, and not the Soviets. At least, we are
trying to avoid killing civilians. Had OBL sent his terrorists to take out a
couple of Moscow buildings, that wouldn't have been the case.

Old August 29th 09, 09:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob Roberts[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:59:26 -0700, "Bill Graham" wrote:

"Chris H" wrote in message
In message , Bill Graham
writes

"J. Clarke" wrote in message news:h778ep113j0@
news2.newsguy.com...
B. Colton wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:38:38 -0500, Douglas Johnson
wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

Your "portraits" of people are too static and posed (although very
detailed and rich), so shots like the farmers working tell us more
about the people than a mere impromptu portrait. More of that and
less of the posed shots would have been welcome.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. There are some very interesting
faces in that collection. It's fun to think about the things that
formed those faces.

The images of how much artillery is an important part of their lives
says much about the ignorance of their culture and childish chosen
religion(s). This could be why the rest of the world has advanced
into the 21st century and they're still a 3rd-world country with
nothing but rocks and sand to show for their beliefs and values for
the last 2000 years.

I believe that that "artillery" says more about having been invaded by
two
different superpowers in the past 30 years than it does about "the
ignorance
of their culture and childish chosen religion(s)".

As for their having nothing but rocks and sand, see above.

There is a huge difference between the relationship between the Soviets
and Afghans and the U.S. and Afghans over the years since the middle of
the 19th century. I advise reading up on it. (Wikipedia has some nice
write-ups) I certainly wouldn't lump us together as, "Invaded by two
superpowers".

Interestingly both the Afghans and Pakistanis would lump the US and the
USSR together. They can see little between the US and USSR except the
USA has done more damage.

This is patently incorrect. Read up on it. We have steadfastly refused to
interfere in Afghani politics over the years. Certainly the USSR has done
much more damage there than have we.

No, the Afghanis have done all the harm by wanting people to come save them
from themselves. Nobody has ever stopped them from just saying "no". It's
what responsible adults do. Those that love to manipulate the world by
choosing to "play victim" do what Afghanis and all the other middle-east
cultures do.

This conversation alone shows how far reaching their manipulative "poor me,
I'm a victim" tactics go. There's much more interesting things to discuss
in the world than this. Your nightly news has been hijacked by the
middle-east cultures all your lives just because of how well the "poor me,
I'm a victim" act works to manipulate you. Just as it is now hijacking this
newsgroup with this off-topic bull****. They have built all their religions
and cultures on that very principle of self-victimization. That's all it
is, that's all they are. That simple, that stupid, that effective, and you
all fall for it all of your sorry ignorant manipulated lives.

Solution: You completely ignore anyone who is using self-victimization
tactics to manipulate you. They don't even exist until they find healthy
and adult ways to get your attention again. If they get desperate and want
to go so far with their self-victimization as to kill themselves? FINE! Go
for it! Darwinism at its finest! I love it! Nothing better! Problem solved
on its own! Their genetic defects finally gone from the earth! Our news
would be so much better for it in the future.

Just thought I'd enlighten all of you before going back to something
photography related.

Old August 29th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:05:49 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"Chris H" wrote in message
I have seen interviews recently in both Pakistan and Afghanistan that
say the Taliban and the USA are as bad as each other. Though the USA
forces have killed more civilians of late.

"Interviews"? By whom? Your Communist friends? - Give me a break!

Chris gets his information on world affairs and politics from a select
group of people. Most of it comes from chats with his mates, and the
rest comes from interviews he reads in his mate's blogs.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 29th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

In message , Bill Graham
writes

haedsys.demon.co.uk...

wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

[...]

Don't need to read.. Just talk to some of the people involved.

We have steadfastly refused to interfere in Afghani politics over the
years.

!!!!! Now I know you aren't serious.

Certainly the USSR has done much more damage there than have we.

Not according to everyone but the USA.

Old August 29th 09, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

In message , Bill Graham
writes

"J. Clarke" wrote in message news:h78kci01n78@
news1.newsguy.com...
Who is "giving the US army a very hard time"? So far the US loses
about as
many soldiers in Afghanistan every year as it loses cops at home. The
Soviet Union lost almost 15,000 soldiers in 10 years in Afghanistan.
So far
the US has lost about 800. The US casualty rates for both Afghanistan and
Iraq are _tiny_ compared to any previous war.

Exactly true. And this is just another indication that we have avoided
interfering in Afghani politics over the years. Contrary to Chris'
beliefs, we haven't done anything like the damage to them that the
Soviets have.

The facts say otherwise.

Old August 29th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

In message , Bill Graham
writes

"Chris H" wrote in message news:N4lFIEMWN5lKFA5i@p
haedsys.demon.co.uk...
I have seen interviews recently in both Pakistan and Afghanistan that
say the Taliban and the USA are as bad as each other. Though the USA
forces have killed more civilians of late.

"Interviews"? By whom?

Pakistani politicians... those in government

Your Communist friends?

I have no communist friends.. BTW the communists don't figure in this at
all.

Old August 29th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

In message , Bill Graham
writes

"Chris H" wrote in message news:a4UAYoMSR5lKFA6o@p
haedsys.demon.co.uk...
In message , Bill Graham
writes

"Elliott Roper" wrote in message news:26082009194843

Why are us Western idiots bombing the B'Jasus out of those beautiful
people? I don't care if they look static and posed. I'd like to be able
to sit down and hear their story, just after looking at their faces.
Why can't we just get along?

I believe we are attempting to bomb the B'Jesus out of the terrorists
who took out our twin towers and their supporters.

Then you are WRONG... the terrorists who took out the twin tower were
Saudis. (Saudi has a far more oppressive regime than Afghanistan

They may have been Saudi's, but they were being trained and prepped by
OBL in an Afghani camp......Why do you think we are there?

No idea really. Wasn't oil this time.

The Afghanis don't have any oil........The Taliban has been hosting
those maniacs. And will continue to do so unless and until we destroy
them.

So it has taken over 8 years so far and the current word from the US
commanders is "at best we can draw but not win"

Old August 29th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-08-29 07:00:41 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , Bill Graham
[...]

Initially due to the Taliban support for AQ & OBL after WTC, and with
the full support of NATO.
Simply revenge and then the War on terrorism. I think the current
effort is a delicate balancing act to keep the Taliban from gaining
control in Pakistan.

The Afghanis don't have any oil........The Taliban has been hosting
those maniacs. And will continue to do so unless and until we destroy
them.

So it has taken over 8 years so far and the current word from the US
commanders is "at best we can draw but not win"

There was some justification for the initial phase of the Afghan War
following WTC and the failure of the Taliban to cease support for Al
Quaida & OBL.
The 8 year duration is a direct result of the Bush administration
change of focus to the irrational and unnecessary Iraq debacle.
If we had stayed the course in Afghanistan and kept out of Iraq things
could have been settled by now with a lot lower cost all round.

Savageduck