August 10, 2009

Old August 10th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Default August 10, 2009

Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html

Give him time, Bret.

First, he has to harass my ISP.
He has to convince them that it is in their best interests to deny my
access, and thus lose my business.
On previous occasions, they have (sensibly, and not unexpectedly) contacted
me first.
I am in a dialogue with a nice chap about this, though he has not mentioned
any threats for a few days or so.

....anyways... it all takes time.

I expect Douggie's threats to surface in a few days.

Geez - it'd be sad if a few anonymous mirrors of the site turned up then,
wouldn't it!

=====

Hehehe...

You know, the funniest aspect of all this is that Doug is twisting his
panties into wads because I have simply re-posted what he posted earlier -
and in doing so, have pointed out the hollowness of his arguments and the
sadness of his personal abuse(s).

IOW, he accuses me of being derogatory by simply pointing out what *he* said
himself.

Anybody else spot the sad irony?

--
Jeff R.
+23 hours and 16 minutes

Old August 11th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:30:17 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 wrote:

On Aug 10, 9:17*am, "Jeff R." wrote:

Geez - it'd be sad if a few anonymous mirrors of the site turned up then,
wouldn't it!

Almost as funny as a few new Pbase sites featuring his best work.

Yes, but he has 5 meg of ram!

His photos appear to be from the same place because he lives in a 2 dimensional
universe... he's only visiting!

Can you have 5 meg?? Sounds fishy...

Old August 11th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:17:20 +1000, "Jeff R." wrote:
: Hehehe...
:
: You know, the funniest aspect of all this is that Doug is twisting his
: panties into wads because I have simply re-posted what he posted earlier -
: and in doing so, have pointed out the hollowness of his arguments and
: the sadness of his personal abuse(s).
:
: IOW, he accuses me of being derogatory by simply pointing out what *he*
: said himself.
:
: Anybody else spot the sad irony?

Forgive me for asking a sensible question, Jeff, but why do you give a ****
how good or bad a photographer Doug is? There are only 24 hours in a day. Is
it worth it to spend as many of them on this topic as you do? Why don't you
just pull the pictures down and get on with your life? People never look at
them anyway, do they?

Bob
Old August 11th 09, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Robert Coe wrote:

Forgive me for asking a sensible question, Jeff, but why do you give
a **** how good or bad a photographer Doug is? There are only 24
hours in a day. Is it worth it to spend as many of them on this topic
as you do? Why don't you just pull the pictures down and get on with
your life? People never look at them anyway, do they?

Bob

Extraordinarily good question Bob.

I'm not evading it, but I really have to get back to work now. I'll give a
considered response tonight. (Its about 2:15pm here.)

The main reason, in summary, revolves aroubd Doug's bullying, and my
personal aversion towards that sort of behaviour.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 11th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Jeff R. wrote:
Robert Coe wrote:

Forgive me for asking a sensible question, Jeff, but why do you give
a **** how good or bad a photographer Doug is? There are only 24
hours in a day. Is it worth it to spend as many of them on this topic
as you do? Why don't you just pull the pictures down and get on with
your life? People never look at them anyway, do they?

Bob

Extraordinarily good question Bob.

I'm not evading it, but I really have to get back to work now. I'll
give a considered response tonight. (Its about 2:15pm here.)

The main reason, in summary, revolves aroubd Doug's bullying, and my
personal aversion towards that sort of behaviour.

There's only a handful of blokes and blokettes here that don't share
that aversion. So it is possible to feel that way and ignore it.

If someone new needs 'protecting', then have at it. However, no one has
been new to usenet since 2007. Some, such as Larry/Rita, need to be
stood up for, but everyone else can fend for him/herself.

--
john mcwilliams

Old August 11th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:52:05 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:17:20 +1000, "Jeff R." wrote:
: Hehehe...
:
: You know, the funniest aspect of all this is that Doug is twisting his
: panties into wads because I have simply re-posted what he posted earlier -
: and in doing so, have pointed out the hollowness of his arguments and
: the sadness of his personal abuse(s).
:
: IOW, he accuses me of being derogatory by simply pointing out what *he*
: said himself.
:
: Anybody else spot the sad irony?

Forgive me for asking a sensible question, Jeff, but why do you give a ****
how good or bad a photographer Doug is?

Seconded.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 11th 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:16:02 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

Robert Coe wrote:

Forgive me for asking a sensible question, Jeff, but why do you give
a **** how good or bad a photographer Doug is? There are only 24
hours in a day. Is it worth it to spend as many of them on this topic
as you do? Why don't you just pull the pictures down and get on with
your life? People never look at them anyway, do they?

Bob

Extraordinarily good question Bob.

I'm not evading it, but I really have to get back to work now. I'll give a
considered response tonight. (Its about 2:15pm here.)

The main reason, in summary, revolves aroubd Doug's bullying, and my
personal aversion towards that sort of behaviour.

That seems to me exactly what you are doing. Boring as ****e on both
sides.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 11th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

John McWilliams wrote:
Jeff R. wrote:

The main reason, in summary, revolves aroubd Doug's bullying, and my
personal aversion towards that sort of behaviour.

There's only a handful of blokes and blokettes here that don't share
that aversion. So it is possible to feel that way and ignore it.

Yes, of course it's possible to ignore it. I admit that I should just ignore
Doug and his supercilious falsehoods, but he invites the response(s)
himself.

I really haven't gone to all that much effort to show him up. He posted a
page full of abuse and lies, and I posted a reply to that page, debunking it
comprehensively. This was over a year ago. Since then, whenever Doug got
my goat with more of his sanctimonious lying, I simply re-posted the link.
It's not like I spent a lot of time on his case. I just made a point, then
repeated it when necessary.

Many times I have offered to remove the page, if Doug would simply prove me
wrong - but he can't, so I don't. The page serves its purpose well, as
shown by Doug's hysterical attempts to get me to take it down.

If someone new needs 'protecting', then have at it. However, no one
has been new to usenet since 2007. Some, such as Larry/Rita, need to
be stood up for, but everyone else can fend for him/herself.

I take your point, but I don't think it hurts to keep the evidence
available. If anyone finds the references tiresome, I would invite then to
killfile me, or just pass over my posts.

To those folks I am boring with this stand - I apologise.
To Doug - no apology. Doug is a liar who needs to be exposed. I am
comfortable with that.

Debate is fun. Vigorously exchanging opinions is fun. This is what I used
to enjoy about usenet, so when people like Doug don't play by the rules and
take the fun out the medium I still think it's appropriate to have a go at
them for their deceit.

I'm rambling.

'nuff for now.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 11th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

wrote:

The main reason, in summary, revolves aroubd Doug's bullying, and my
personal aversion towards that sort of behaviour.

That seems to me exactly what you are doing. Boring as ****e on both
sides.

Horses for courses.
If you think I am bullying Doug by pointing out his lies, then so be it.
You're welcome to your opinion, even if I (obviously) don't share it.
If it's boring as ****e, then skip over it.

I'm easy to kf. I haven't changed my 'nym for years.

Do what you think is right.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 11th 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

tony cooper wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:52:05 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

Forgive me for asking a sensible question, Jeff, but why do you give
a **** how good or bad a photographer Doug is?

Seconded.

That's not the issue at hand. Doug's photographic incompetence is a given,
which few would seriously dispute.
The issue, from my point of view, is Doug's dishonesty. I'm just trying to
extract some truth from him.

It keeps me off the streets.

--
Jeff R.
(yeah, yeah - I know about wrestling with pigs...)