Please recommend optimum settings for concert photos

Old October 14th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred[_3_]

Default Please recommend optimum settings for concert photos

I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
a concert?

-Thanks

Old October 15th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred[_3_]

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:44:39 -0400, Joseph Meehan wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
. ..
I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
a concert?

-Thanks

The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
doing.

Unfortunately that won't be possible prior to attending the concert.

Old October 15th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Andy Eng

"Fred" wrote in message
I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
a concert?

-Thanks

The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
doing.

Unfortunately that won't be possible prior to attending the concert.

Try a local pub with a neighborhood band playing to get the hang of
it...

Old October 15th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred[_3_]

"Fred" wrote in message
I've just gotten a Kodak Z812 and am very impressed by the photos I've
taken in the house under low light level conditions. I've taken these in
the "smart scene" mode. There's also an "high ISO mode" which is
recommended for low light situations. Is this the best mode to use for at
a concert?

-Thanks

The best bet is to try both and see what works best for what you are
doing.

Unfortunately that won't be possible prior to attending the concert.

Try a local pub with a neighborhood band playing to get the hang of
it...

That's a good idea. It's probably about the same light levels.

-Thanks