Looking for Rotostand, Projection Stand, Sawyer's Inc. Mid-60's

Old July 23rd 04, 07:26 PM
Gregg

Default Looking for Rotostand, Projection Stand, Sawyer's Inc. Mid-60's

I'm looking for a Sawyer's Rotostand Projection Stand, a circular
collapsible projection table. Extended it's about 45 inches tall, and
collapsed it's about 2 inches thick. Table top is about 16 inches in
diameter. Every example I've ever seen has been black metal with a
grey frame on the base.

Sawyer's was based in Portland Oregon. The Rotostand name was
trademarked in 1965. I'm guessing they may have been produced until
the early 70's? This appears to be the same company that produced
slide projectors and pioneered the viewmaster 3d process. They appear
to have been bought by GAF and I suspect that Rotostand production
ceased at that time.

I would appreciate any additional information you might have. If you
have one of these gathering dust in your attic, can we make a deal?

Gregg
Old December 6th 10, 06:14 PM
David Saunders David Saunders is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
I'm looking for a Sawyer's Rotostand Projection Stand, a circular
collapsible projection table. Extended it's about 45 inches tall, and
collapsed it's about 2 inches thick. Table top is about 16 inches in
diameter. Every example I've ever seen has been black metal with a
grey frame on the base.

Sawyer's was based in Portland Oregon. The Rotostand name was
trademarked in 1965. I'm guessing they may have been produced until
the early 70's? This appears to be the same company that produced
slide projectors and pioneered the viewmaster 3d process. They appear
to have been bought by GAF and I suspect that Rotostand production
ceased at that time.

I would appreciate any additional information you might have. If you
have one of these gathering dust in your attic, can we make a deal?

Gregg
Gregg,
My name is David Saunders. I have a Sawyer rotostand in excellent condition for sale. If you are still interested in one you can contact me for photos and information at anytime at

Thanks,
David
Old September 26th 11, 05:55 PM
Sawyer's Sawyer's is offline
Junior Member

I'm looking for a Sawyer's Rotostand Projection Stand

If you still looking, I have one also in excellent condition.