review of VistaQuest VQ350?

Old January 16th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wm Watt

Default review of VistaQuest VQ350?

Looking for a review of this low priced digital camera.
Have found manufacturer's info and online user manual.
Main concern is picture quality. A similarly priced digital camera,
the Vivicam 55, is reported to have poor picture quality in online
reviews.
Thanks for any info.

Old January 16th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

"Wm Watt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for a review of this low priced digital camera.
Have found manufacturer's info and online user manual.
Main concern is picture quality. A similarly priced digital camera,
the Vivicam 55, is reported to have poor picture quality in online
reviews.

What do you expect for $39? My cell phone camera probably does about as
good, which is to say that it has poor image quality and is very slow to
respond.

Save your money and wait until you can afford to buy a proper camera
(about $150+) that takes excellent photos with a decent feature set, not
one of those toys for kids.

Old January 17th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wm Watt

Bill wrote:

What do you expect for $39? My cell phone camera probably does about as
good, which is to say that it has poor image quality and is very slow to
respond.

$17.93 plus tax, just under $20 Canadian. Add 15% for US currency.

Save your money and wait until you can afford to buy a proper camera
(about $150+) that takes excellent photos with a decent feature set, not
one of those toys for kids.

That's what I'm looking for. A simple inexpensive equivalent of the
Kodak Brownie I used in the 1950's 60's and 70's, the Instamatic of the
1970's 80's and 90's, and the simple generic 35mm film cameras I've
used since. I got a few different 35mm cameras second hand for $1 each
at church basement rummage sales.

I have a 35mm SLR film camera for "features".
That's not what I'm looking for in the digital camera.

Has nobody experience with the VistaQest VQ350?

Old January 21st 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Wm Watt wrote:

Looking for a review of this low priced digital camera.
Have found manufacturer's info and online user manual.
Main concern is picture quality. A similarly priced digital camera,
the Vivicam 55, is reported to have poor picture quality in online
reviews.
Thanks for any info.

Hello,

Don't know about the VQ350, itself, yet I've owned a VistaQuest VQ1005
(1.3 megapixel keychain camera), for about three and a half months. It
was only $19.96 USD, at Wal-Mart, and takes adequate photos. The VQ1005
even has a movie mode and can be used as a Web cam.

Best of all, it contains a slot for an SD memory card!

Cordially,
John Turco