She will be mine...

Old July 23rd 04, 09:44 PM
Bandicoot

Default She will be mine...

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.23.19.27.50.759000@southafrican.. .
...oh yes, she will be mine...

The Nikon F4s, that is. Saw her last night. With an Angenieux 28-70mm
f/2.8 zoom. Fell in love immediately. Fell hard.

Must go now...

Pills...need pills...

You won't regret that lens. My Angenieux 70-210 f3.5 is a wonderful lens -
not smething I say about zooms very often - and the 28-70 I (briefly)
borrowed once was too. Just wish I could find (and having found, afford)
one in PK mount...

Peter

Old July 23rd 04, 09:46 PM
Chris

Dallas wrote:
...oh yes, she will be mine...

The Nikon F4s, that is. Saw her last night. With an Angenieux 28-70mm
f/2.8 zoom. Fell in love immediately. Fell hard.

Must go now...

Pills...need pills...

I picked up an F4s a few months ago. Once you have it, the pills
won't be necessary. It does everything you want it to, without
arguing. If you come from the manual body camp, the controls all
make sense. If you're coming from the newer body side of things;
you'll have to learn how a real camera works.

You've made a wise choice to head towards the F4s.

Chris
Old July 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
Peter Chant

In article ,
Chris writes:

You've made a wise choice to head towards the F4s.

....and whilst you are pining, tape a brick to the bottom of a your
regular SLR to give it that F4 'feel'.

I'm not saying its not a nice camera, but the F4's I've seen are really
heavy.

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old July 23rd 04, 10:28 PM
Sabineellen

The Nikon F4s, that is.

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/jpn/d-ar...ikon_f4s/image
/900_i.jpg
Old July 24th 04, 03:58 AM
Skip M

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.23.19.27.50.759000@southafrican.. .
...oh yes, she will be mine...

The Nikon F4s, that is. Saw her last night. With an Angenieux 28-70mm
f/2.8 zoom. Fell in love immediately. Fell hard.

Must go now...

Pills...need pills...

--
Dallas
Group guidelines on http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
Improve signal to noise ratio by filtering all crossposts.

That lens alone could be worth the price of admission. Those Angenieux
lenses were legendary.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old July 24th 04, 07:13 AM
Dallas

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:05:40 +0000, Peter Chant wrote:

In article ,
Chris writes:

You've made a wise choice to head towards the F4s.

...and whilst you are pining, tape a brick to the bottom of a your regular
SLR to give it that F4 'feel'.

I'm not saying its not a nice camera, but the F4's I've seen are really
heavy.

Don't be a wimp!

I used to have an F5 remember. :-)

Old July 24th 04, 06:47 PM
richardsfault

Nice to hear folks still talking longingly about a film camera!

As far as weight, I hear you.

I love my old Minolta XG-7 and its solid feel.

I love handing it to "youngsters" who are used to lightweight plastic.

BTW, how many of today's digital cameras will still useable and
enjoyable after 25 years like my XG-7?

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...

Richard's fault!

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
Old July 24th 04, 11:53 PM
Peter Chant

In article pan.2004.07.24.06.13.43.503000@southafrican,
Dallas writes:

I'm not saying its not a nice camera, but the F4's I've seen are really
heavy.

Don't be a wimp!

I used to have an F5 remember. :-)

Whatever you say, I'm not fighting anyone who can lift an F4...

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old July 25th 04, 06:09 PM
Sander Vesik

Dallas writes:

I'm not saying its not a nice camera, but the F4's I've seen are really
heavy.

Don't be a wimp!

I used to have an F5 remember. :-)

Whatever you say, I'm not fighting anyone who can lift an F4...

LOL 8-)

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++