HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.

Old July 14th 04, 02:04 PM
~^Johnny^~

Default HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:30:54 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

It's an 882C. When printing a photo it chugs along properly for 3" and
then prints a 3/4" band of photograph with a distinct purple cast. Then
it goes along properly for another few inches (these distances are
pretty much random) and then prints another 3/4" band. Sometimes it
will print a whole photo properly, sometimes with one band, sometimes
with two or three. Occasionally it will print an entire page with one
of the rows of dots lagging behind, which really looks cheesy. This may
have stopped when the cartridges were replaced last time, but perhaps
not.

A third failure mode: consider a photo of a flat wall lit from one
end. The wall will shade evenly from light to dark across the picture,
right? That's what happens most of the time. Every once in a while,
such a picture will exhibit stair-stepped blocks of color, as if the
resolution were suddenly cut to 1/4 or 1/8 the proper value. Especially
annoying when it's a person's face instead of a smooth wall or the sky.
A second attempt at printing the same picture may or may not print
properly. Likewise with the purple banding. All intermittent.

Reinstall the driver.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining
- JFK
~~~~~~~~
Old July 14th 04, 02:09 PM
~^Johnny^~

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:11:15 -0600, dan wrote:

Couldn't agree more. After fighting my 3rd POS inkjet printer buying
ridiculously priced cartriges and learning the messy art of filling
them,

Toner is just as bad as ink, if spilled down the front of you. :-)

I gave up on color to get a cheap laser printer. Now I get page
after page after page of cheap troublefree pages.

How can I print my color photos on a monochrome printer?

Old July 14th 04, 11:24 PM
The Real Bev

~^Johnny^~ wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:11:15 -0600, dan wrote:

Couldn't agree more. After fighting my 3rd POS inkjet printer buying
ridiculously priced cartriges and learning the messy art of filling
them,

Toner is just as bad as ink, if spilled down the front of you. :-)

It washes off easily.

I gave up on color to get a cheap laser printer. Now I get page
after page after page of cheap troublefree pages.

How can I print my color photos on a monochrome printer?

With great difficulty. Fortunately, crayons are pretty cheap.

--
Cheers, Bev
################################################## #################

Old July 14th 04, 11:28 PM
The Real Bev

wrote:

[...]

I had wondered about that. Do you have a specific reason for saying
that, or is it just the "Reformat your hard drive and reinstall all your
software" standard prescription for windows problems?

--
Cheers, Bev
################################################## #################
Old July 15th 04, 12:36 AM
Gene Wirchenko

~^Johnny^~ wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:11:15 -0600, dan wrote:

Couldn't agree more. After fighting my 3rd POS inkjet printer buying
ridiculously priced cartriges and learning the messy art of filling
them,

Toner is just as bad as ink, if spilled down the front of you. :-)

I understand that it is worse, if you try cleaning up using a
vacuum cleaner.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.
Old July 15th 04, 04:53 AM
SoCalMike

~^Johnny^~ wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:11:15 -0600, dan wrote:

Couldn't agree more. After fighting my 3rd POS inkjet printer buying
ridiculously priced cartriges and learning the messy art of filling
them,

Toner is just as bad as ink, if spilled down the front of you. :-)

I gave up on color to get a cheap laser printer. Now I get page
after page after page of cheap troublefree pages.

How can I print my color photos on a monochrome printer?

sure, if you like B&W.

making a slideshow CD that can be viewed on most DVD players is easier.

another option, if you *need* hard copies of prints (xmas cards, etc) is
costco...

4x6 @ .18/ea (youd need to print 1000 to break even on a $180 printer,
and *still* have to factor in the ink and paper costs for 1000 prints)

5x7 @ .69/ea

8x10/8x12 @ 1.99/ea

11x14/12x18 @ 2.99/ea (try printing something this big on a regular
photo printer!)

all done in their 1 hr photo labs.
Old July 15th 04, 05:28 AM
Bob Ward

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 06:09:58 -0700, ~^Johnny^~
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:11:15 -0600, dan wrote:

Couldn't agree more. After fighting my 3rd POS inkjet printer buying
ridiculously priced cartriges and learning the messy art of filling
them,

Toner is just as bad as ink, if spilled down the front of you. :-)

I gave up on color to get a cheap laser printer. Now I get page
after page after page of cheap troublefree pages.

How can I print my color photos on a monochrome printer?

Take more shots of penguins - or polar bears.

Old September 19th 04, 01:16 PM
Agent Orange

My HP OfficeJet d145 all-in-one printer suddenly reports:
Black ink old. Color ink old.
8 days to expire. 8 days to expire.
Printing will stop. Printing will stop.
Press enter to continue. Press enter to continue.

But the ink isn't old. I refilled it just last week.

IF YOU HAVE MORE/BETTER LINKS ... PLEASE POST THEM HE

Here is what I have to help you:

List of HP printer warning messages and what they mean:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...3&locale=en_US

Resetting ink levels in HP printers with HP 14 cartridges:
http://stratitec.com/inkrefill/support/inkreset4.html

Disabling or resetting HP C5010A & C5011A ink Level Indicators:
http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...010A5011A.html

Carly's cunning consumable plan:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220

HP time limits for cartridges even if 75% of the ink is left:
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/printer-ink-links.asp

How to refill all HP ink cartridges:
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-...cartridges.asp

HP refill ink cartridge ca
http://www.cacartridge.com/ink_care.php

Inkjet refill kits:
http://www.atlascopy.com/refills/atl...efill_kits.htm

HP INK JET D125/D135/D145/D155 Overriding Ink Level Gauge:
http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...010A5011A.html

The difference between HP A & D cartridges and other refilling tips:
http://atlascopy.com/C6578.htm

HP ink cartridge refill kits:
http://www.ink-etc.com/hp-ink_refill_kit.html
http://www.amerijet.org/hp.html
http://www.ink-refills.com/d135officejet.htm
http://store1.inetu.net/inkexpress/StoreFront.bok

There are no legal & warranty issues with refilling ink tanks:
http://www.reinkkit.com/InkRefillKitsDir/index.html

HP page on the official cartridge warranty expiration date:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...5&locale=en_US