Metz Flash Information

Old December 28th 05, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc,alt.photography

Default Metz Flash Information

I got really excited for a minute there...thanks for pointing that
out. I was wondering how well a NiMH pack would charge up in a NiCad
charger anyway...

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:27:39 +0100, (Philip
Homburg) wrote:

In article ,
Joe Blow wrote:
Just remove the 2 screws to take apart the Dryfit battery pack. The
CT60's dryfit battery pack is made up of 5 C sized NiCad cells
soldered serially into a 6V battery. You can get relatively cheap
NiMH cells to replace the NiCad cells.

You are talking about the NiCd pack. The dryfit pack is sealed.

** To respond, remove the crap from my addy... **
Old December 28th 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc,alt.photography

It doesn't matter if it's dryfit or NiCad. The key is to re-use the
battery container as it fits the charger pack which the flash plugs
into. If there are no screws, just cut it open with a dremel tool and
tape it back together when battery has been replaced with 5 X C cells.

As for charging NiMH or NiCad batteries, these two can be charged with
the same charger because both can accept high current. Just don't mix
NiCad or NiMH with LiIon chargers because Lithium Ion batteries can't
take high current.

I use a Maha C777Plus2 charger to charge & discharge the Metz battery
pack along with a whole bunch of other camera batteries.

If you prefer to use the Metz charger pack to charge the battery, just
be aware that there's a metal tab you have to flip to choose between
charging the dryfit battery vs NiCad battery.

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:17:52 GMT, prc1 wrote:

I got really excited for a minute there...thanks for pointing that
out. I was wondering how well a NiMH pack would charge up in a NiCad
charger anyway...

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:27:39 +0100, (Philip

Old December 28th 05, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc,alt.photography

Joe Blow wrote:
It doesn't matter if it's dryfit or NiCad. The key is to re-use the
battery container as it fits the charger pack which the flash plugs
into. If there are no screws, just cut it open with a dremel tool and
tape it back together when battery has been replaced with 5 X C cells.

A hair dryer may work better. It won't open the cases ultrasonicly welded
together, but it will open the ones that are hot glued.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.