[SI] New Mandate: Interesting (see description)

Old August 1st 09, 02:32 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default New Mandate: Interesting (see description)

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:57:09 -0700 (PDT), Noons wrote:
: On Jul 31, 11:33*am, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: which we all have to get along, or it ceases to be fun.
:
: Bob
:
: I'm truly amazed you're still here, if you're after "fun".

Touché, I guess. But then what's your excuse (for staying)? Your campaign
against people posting to aus.photo seems to have largely petered out.

Why don't you send something to the Shoot-In next time? Or do you, under a
different name? I never figured you for a sock, but you never know.

Bob
Old August 1st 09, 02:48 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] New Mandate: Interesting (see description)

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

See the rulez page for more info:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Oops. I didn't know that.

I've sent in a submission which doesn't follow your file naming
convention. Should I do it again with a corrected file name?

Nah, I'll fix it up. No need to resubmit.

Old August 1st 09, 02:49 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

wrote:
: On Jul 31, 11:33 am, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: which we all have to get along, or it ceases to be fun.
:
: Bob
:
: I'm truly amazed you're still here, if you're after "fun".

Touché, I guess. But then what's your excuse (for staying)? Your campaign
against people posting to aus.photo seems to have largely petered out.

Why don't you send something to the Shoot-In next time? Or do you, under a
different name? I never figured you for a sock, but you never know.

First rule of the shoot-in: trolls have endless hours to complain about it
but no time at all to shoot and submit.

Old August 1st 09, 05:56 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:48:40 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

See the rulez page for more info:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Oops. I didn't know that.

I've sent in a submission which doesn't follow your file naming
convention. Should I do it again with a corrected file name?

Nah, I'll fix it up. No need to resubmit.

I have a photo that is correctly named, but is not at all interesting.
Will you fix it if I send it in?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 1st 09, 06:13 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:48:40 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

See the rulez page for more info:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Oops. I didn't know that.

I've sent in a submission which doesn't follow your file naming
convention. Should I do it again with a corrected file name?

Nah, I'll fix it up. No need to resubmit.

I have a photo that is correctly named, but is not at all
interesting. Will you fix it if I send it in?

Now /that/ was fun!

--
Frank ess
Old August 1st 09, 07:11 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 09:51:51 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:
: On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:
:
: See the rulez page for more info:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
:
: Oops. I didn't know that.
:
: I've sent in a submission which doesn't follow your file naming
: convention. Should I do it again with a corrected file name?

You've already submitted an entry that isn't due until August 5?? Trying to
show us up, I suppose. Waiting until 4:30 PM EDT on the due date is a
well-established Shoot-In tradition, which we'll thank you not to make fun of.

Bob
Old August 1st 09, 07:20 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

wrote:
: On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:
:
: See the rulez page for more info:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
:
: Oops. I didn't know that.
:
: I've sent in a submission which doesn't follow your file naming
: convention. Should I do it again with a corrected file name?

You've already submitted an entry that isn't due until August 5??

September 5

www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Old August 1st 09, 07:39 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
GavinS

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:13:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic, not
necessarily you, find interesting.

Excuse me, but that's the whole point of all photography. Was I supposed to
be taking photographs of things that only I'm interested in all my life?
How silly of me. If I can't capture an image that others will find
interesting then what's the point? I find this theme of yours rather
strange I guess. Even stranger is any "photographer" who would think that
it is supposed to be some kind of unique category or challenge.

Old August 1st 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The pixel Bandit

wrote:
: On Jul 31, 11:33 am, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: which we all have to get along, or it ceases to be fun.
:
: Bob
:
: I'm truly amazed you're still here, if you're after "fun".

Touché, I guess. But then what's your excuse (for staying)? Your campaign
against people posting to aus.photo seems to have largely petered out.

Why don't you send something to the Shoot-In next time? Or do you,
under a
different name? I never figured you for a sock, but you never know.

First rule of the shoot-in: trolls have endless hours to complain about
it but no time at all to shoot and submit.

So someone who once upon a time could have been correctly
described as a prolific poster to shootin ...who thinks this
management is stuffing it up even worse than the last and
decides to protest about the dismal decline in submissions
they lamely tried to cover up by taking three pics instead of
one as submissions...

And straight away they are a troll?

Get a life Bowser. And for God's sake stop re-posting this
crap all over Usenet will you?

--

I'm coming back as a Pelican...
Watch out because I'm staying the worlds biggest ass-hole!
Old August 1st 09, 07:53 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard[_5_]

"GavinS" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:13:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic,
not
necessarily you, find interesting.

Excuse me, but that's the whole point of all photography. Was I supposed
be taking photographs of things that only I'm interested in all my life?
How silly of me. If I can't capture an image that others will find
interesting then what's the point? I find this theme of yours rather
strange I guess. Even stranger is any "photographer" who would think that
it is supposed to be some kind of unique category or challenge.

Well, excuse me. I take photos for my own selfish ends. If others find them
interesting bothers me not one bit. Sometimes they do mostly they don't,
what difference does it make?
To take a photo that truly interests everyone else is a pretty tough task.
Just my opinion.