Two questions

Old September 29th 15, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Two questions

On 9/28/2015 4:37 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

bittorrent is the usual way.

Bittorent can be used legally. I downloaded wikipedia the other week...

it can, but that's rare. the vast majority of bittorrenting is for
pirated content.

Another survey. Where is your proof?

already answered, not that it matters since it's well known in the
industry.

it's like asking for proof that an f/1.2 lens has shallower depth of
field than an f/4 lens. sure, someone could give you a mathematical
proof, but why bother when anyone who has been around cameras will tell
you the same thing.

Strange. was the first to ask that question. How could you have answered
it before it was asked.
Some of us are not in your industry, whatever it is.

--
PeterN
Old September 29th 15, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/28/2015 4:37 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

There has been some bandwidth use for w a r e s on the b i n a r y
groups of the U s e n e t too... That doesn't make it less important for
discussions. My serviceprovider handles text groups only, BTW.

most of usenet is warez. so what?

Of course not.

it is.

The binary part of Usenet can be easily distinguished
from the text part...

nobody said it couldn't.

And let me quote Harley.com:

"I mentioned in the previous section that there are well over 100,000
Usenet newsgroups. Actually, almost all of them are TEXT GROUPS used for
discussions. About 2,000 are BINARY GROUPS used for file sharing.
However, since the binary files being shared are much larger than the
text files used for discussions, the vast majority of the bandwidth and
storage space used by Usenet every day is used for file sharing."

the last bit is exactly what i said.

Just where did you say EXACTLY THAT?

scroll up.

Somehow, those exact word only appear once.
Pants on fire again, I see.

--
PeterN
Old September 29th 15, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-09-28 10:52, PeterN wrote:
On 9/27/2015 6:10 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

So one will need the Vividy device built in to their televisions.

at which point, a pirate can simply point a camera at the tv. it
won't
be the best quality but pirates don't give a ****.

If the quality is that bad, the pirate will have few customers.

wrong.

You deny reality. Those who purchase a **** quality repro are not
likely
to purchase a good quality on, at full price.

pirates don't purchase stuff. pirates copy *without* paying. that's the
whole point of pirating.

And, what's your point.

BTW In all cases, are the the sellers of pirated apps the same guys who
made the duplications, or do they buy them from the duplicators.

those who buy pirated stuff are stupid because they could just pirate
it themselves for free.

And you are stupid if you pay for an oil change, it's easy to do
yourself.

Except dealing with the drained oil. That then has to be transported to
a garage willing to take it (Canadian Tire here is willing since it's
likely you bought the oil from them).

I change my wheels from summer/winter which can be done in 30 minutes.
Unless my buddy helps, that stretches it out to nearly an hour.

Your buddies don't talk much.

Does all that beer really increase mileage.

--
PeterN
Old October 2nd 15, 07:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 9/22/2015 9:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:48:57 -0400, nospam
wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

you've shown your true colours, and they ain't pretty.

Red and white for Indiana University and purple for Northwestern
University. I wear one or the others. I.U. doesn't play
Northwestern in football in 2015 unless they end up a bowl game.
Indiana's chances to get in a bowl game are about as good as your
chances of being voted Mr Popularity here.

As Indiana and Northwestern are both in the same conference (the
"Big 10"), it's highly unlikely that they'll meet in a bowl.

John