[Survey] -Prime Lenses in the kit -results

Old June 25th 04, 04:55 PM
Michael Scarpitti

Default [Survey] -Prime Lenses in the kit -results

John McWilliams wrote in message news:fnCCc.170506$Ly.74821@attbi_s01...
adm wrote:

"Sander Vesik" wrote in message

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm D.R. DR@newzealand wrote:

How come now that the iraqi oil has been liberated, that
we are still paying record high price at the pump for gas?

So Bush's buddies can make out like gangbusters of course. Cheap oil doesn't
reallly work well for oil companies. They like to buy it low and then sell
it high.

Damn that Iraq, I don't know how the US oil got under their
sand in the first place....

That is much more related to unrest in middle east (of which
there is much more) than Iraqi oil.

But almost all the unrest in the ME is caused by American industrial
imperialism and support for Israeli occupation of Palestinian (claimed)
territory.

followup set

If only we WERE imperialists! Perhaps you have heard of the Pax Romanum?
Old June 25th 04, 04:57 PM
Frank ess

Michael Scarpitti wrote:
"adm" wrote in message
"Sander Vesik" wrote in message
In rec.photo.equipment.35mm D.R. DR@newzealand wrote:

How come now that the iraqi oil has been liberated, that
we are still paying record high price at the pump for gas?

So Bush's buddies can make out like gangbusters of course. Cheap oil
doesn't
reallly work well for oil companies. They like to buy it low and
then sell
it high.

Bull****. Petrol is a commodity. We import oil because it's cheaper
than drilling for it in the US. Most oil the US imports come from
Canada, not OPEC.

It's 70% of all refined products sold in the USA are from North American
petroleum, isn't it?

Old June 25th 04, 04:59 PM
John McWilliams

Default [OT] -Prime Lenses in the kit -results

Bandicoot wrote:

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Chris Loffredo" wrote in message

William Graham wrote:

[SNIP]

I try to stay of of OT political threads, but this is a bit too much.

Of course, the value of a culture is measured by car & oil use; poetry,
food, algebra (your narrow technocratic mind might at least recognise
that!), literature (and also many western classics are preserved thanks
to copies in arabic) count for nothing.

People like you are exactly why Americans are so "popular" around the

World.

I realise that many (hopefully most) Americans are not like you, but
think of the message you are sending on a World-wide Forum!!!!

Chris

I am not too worried about my, "message". I have heard enough "messages"
comparing my president unfavorably to Saddam Hussein on this, "World

forum".

If the Arabian culture was responsible for many great achievements in the
past, then why are they a bunch of murdering camel jockeys today? They
couldn't even muster up their own bombs....They had to steal four of our
airplanes to run them into 3000 of our civilians......That's how,

"advanced"

they are today. I am supposed to admire them, and be nice to them? - GIVE

ME

A BREAK!

Well, aside from any other considerations - how about the fact that it is
the West's, and principally America's, behaviour towards certain Arab groups
that has bred a terrorist minority. Admire them or not as you please, but
behaviour and attitudes that simply recruit more to the terrorist cause is
self-defeating.

Old June 25th 04, 09:21 PM
William Graham

William Graham wrote:

[...]

Peter

What's self defeating is the fact that I am going to have to spend 80
Billion dollars over the next ten years rebuilding Iraq, and attempting to
turn it into a "democratic" country. And all I'm going to get for it is a
bunch of **** from the, "world forum". - Especially when you consider the
fact that the camel jockey's are going to eventually take it over again for
another 30 or more years of teaching their children to hate
Americans........

Old June 25th 04, 09:58 PM
adm

What's self defeating is the fact that I am going to have to spend 80
Billion dollars over the next ten years rebuilding Iraq,

Try "Trillion"

Old June 25th 04, 11:44 PM
Sander Vesik

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Michael Scarpitti wrote:
"adm" wrote in message ...
"Sander Vesik" wrote in message
In rec.photo.equipment.35mm D.R. DR@newzealand wrote:

How come now that the iraqi oil has been liberated, that
we are still paying record high price at the pump for gas?

So Bush's buddies can make out like gangbusters of course. Cheap oil doesn't
reallly work well for oil companies. They like to buy it low and then sell
it high.

Bull****. Petrol is a commodity. We import oil because it's cheaper
than drilling for it in the US. Most oil the US imports come from
Canada, not OPEC.

Bull****. The majority of US oil imports come from:

* Venezuela - 17%
* Saudi Arabia - 16%
* Mexico - 16%
* Canada - 14%
* Nigeria - 8%

Canada could not possibly - most probably ever - cover US import needs.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old June 26th 04, 03:39 PM
Alan Browne

Sander Vesik wrote:

Bull****. The majority of US oil imports come from:

* Venezuela - 17%
* Saudi Arabia - 16%
* Mexico - 16%
* Canada - 14%
* Nigeria - 8%

Canada could not possibly - most probably ever - cover US import needs.

In quantity over time, certainly a great deal. However much of
it is locked up in tarsands making rate of extraction slow. Cost
is slightly higher too. (I was chatting on a flight from Abu
Dhabi to Amsterdam with an American oil refinery engineer and per
him, the mid-East is quite impressed with Canada's reserves in
tarsands...)

However, what the US urgently **needs** to do, is to reduce its
oil imports... by reducing its need of oil, by reducing its waste
of oil. (SUV's are really not needed for the commute to
work...). Canadians are not exactly oil efficient either, but
the US has 10x the population and industy using energy.

Oil explorations and exploitation will never match the current
growing rate of consumption.

Cheers,
Alan

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 26th 04, 05:10 PM
Alan Browne

William Graham wrote:

One of the things I loved about traveling was using the money in the neat
places I was in. I liked the German Marks and the Australian dollars, and
the Italian Lira....I was kind of sad to hear that the eurodollar was
replacing some of these, but I am too old to go back to these countries
anyway..........Our, "quaint" US dollars is not an insult to me........

As a business traveller exchanging cash remains one of the most
despised aspects of travel and is a burden in time and money on
commerce.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 26th 04, 11:22 PM
Sander Vesik

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Alan Browne wrote:
William Graham wrote:

One of the things I loved about traveling was using the money in the neat
places I was in. I liked the German Marks and the Australian dollars, and
the Italian Lira....I was kind of sad to hear that the eurodollar was
replacing some of these, but I am too old to go back to these countries
anyway..........Our, "quaint" US dollars is not an insult to me........

As a business traveller exchanging cash remains one of the most
despised aspects of travel and is a burden in time and money on
commerce.

amen! now if onlythe danish, swedish and british saw the light too..

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++