EOS-6D - 20 Mpix FF [ WiFi, GPS ]

Old September 18th 12, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default EOS-6D - 20 Mpix FF [ WiFi, GPS ]

from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

One of the key themes of Photokina 2012 is shaping up be the resurgence
of the full frame format, with the launch of a raft of cameras featuring
24x36mm sensors. First up was Sony, with its SLR-like Alpha SLT-A99 and
Cyber-Shot RX1 fixed-lens compact. Now, just four days after arch-rival
Nikon announced what it billed as the 'smallest and lightest full frame
DSLR' in the shape of the D600, Canon has revealed its own contender -
the EOS 6D.

The EOS 6D is best seen as a full frame version of the EOS 60D - indeed
it's very similar in both control layout and dimensions. Its front
profile is very similar to the Nikon D600, but it's rather slimmer
front-to-back, and lighter too. However it differs from the Nikon in a
number of key respects; for example it has Wi-Fi and GPS built-in, while
the D600 offers a distinctly higher spec'ed autofocus system, dual card
slots and a built-in flash.

Canon EOS 6D key specifications

20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
DIGIC 5+ image processor
ISO 100-25600 standard, 50-102800 expanded
4.5 fps continuous shooting
'Silent' shutter mode
1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic
11 point AF system, center point cross-type and sensitive to -3 EV
63 zone iFCL metering system
97% viewfinder coverage; interchangeable screens (including Eg-D grid
and Eg-S fine-focus)
1040k dot 3:2 3" ClearView LCD (fixed)
Single SD card slot
Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
Single-axis electronic level

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.
Old September 18th 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 12:03 PM:
from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?
Isn't that plagiarism?
Never mind:
we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...

Old September 18th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

tony cooper wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 1:50 PM:

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 12:03 PM:
from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

If it is in dpreview, why are you re-posting it here?
Isn't that plagiarism?
Never mind:
we all know you are a Canon plant in the newsgroups...

Noons wonders why he always gets caught when he plagiarizes his middle
school term papers...he includes a link to his source.

Can you for once make sense? Try using English as the language, dickhead...
Old September 18th 12, 06:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
otter

On Sep 17, 9:03*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
[...]

My take is that with the 6D Canon isn't looking to compete with the
D600, as much as it is to create a low cost FF camera but crippled
enough that it didn't threaten the 5D3. I think if they price it low
enough, they will be able to sell some of them. Not a very compelling
camera for enthusiasts, but they can probably move a bunch at Costco.
Old September 18th 12, 09:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Charles E. Hardwidge[_2_]

"otter" wrote in message

My take is that with the 6D Canon isn't looking to compete with the
D600, as much as it is to create a low cost FF camera but crippled
enough that it didn't threaten the 5D3. I think if they price it low
enough, they will be able to sell some of them. Not a very compelling
camera for enthusiasts, but they can probably move a bunch at Costco.

This sounds like how Canon treat customers at the Powershot end of the
range. Welcome to the club.

--
Charles E. Hardwidge
Old September 18th 12, 10:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

Charles E. Hardwidge wrote,on my timestamp of 18/09/2012 6:06 PM:

This sounds like how Canon treat customers at the Powershot end of the range.
Welcome to the club.

No thanks, that's one club I'll NEVER be in!
Old September 18th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Wolfgang Weisselberg

otter wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:03Â*pm, Alan Browne

[...]

Exactly what does the D600 have over the 6D so that people would
change to Nikon? "It's body is 10 gramms less (without battery)
compared to the 6D (with battery)?" "It's larger than the 6D?"

Yes, it's probably a good camera, and surely has interesting
features ... but so is and has the 6D, which steals all the
thunder of the "smallest (and lightest) fullframe camera" claim.
And probably it'll not be the cheapest either ...

as much as it is to create a low cost FF camera but crippled
enough that it didn't threaten the 5D3.

The 6D may be the new 5D (Mark I).

Anyway, why *should* Canon build a camera that threatens the
5D3, but won't be interesting to those masses who don't want an
almost-5D3 at almost-5D3 prices?

I think if they price it low
enough, they will be able to sell some of them. Not a very compelling
camera for enthusiasts,

Based on the fact that enthusiasts already have the 7D and will
all buy the 5D3 at least?

Well, the original 5D wasn't a very compelling camera for
enthusiasts either ... by your standards.

-Wolfgang
Old September 19th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
otter

On Sep 18, 3:06*am, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
wrote:
"otter" wrote in message

My take is that with the 6D Canon isn't looking to compete with the
D600, as much as it is to create a low cost FF camera but crippled
enough that it didn't threaten the 5D3. *I think if they price it low
enough, they will be able to sell some of them. *Not a very compelling
camera for enthusiasts, but they can probably move a bunch at Costco.

This sounds like how Canon treat customers at the Powershot end of the
range. Welcome to the club.

--
Charles E. Hardwidge

There is no law that says anyone is required to buy one, and I'm not
going to. If I had some EF lenses and was looking for a cheap Canon
full frame camera, I might consider it, though. Or I might buy a
Nikon D600 or D800.

Or I might blow a lot of money on a different camera that I want more
than I need.

Old September 19th 12, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Rich[_6_]

Alan Browne wrote in
:

from http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

One of the key themes of Photokina 2012 is shaping up be the resurgence
of the full frame format, with the launch of a raft of cameras featuring
24x36mm sensors.

A boring poor man's 5DIII
Old September 19th 12, 06:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

otter wrote,on my timestamp of 19/09/2012 9:06 AM:

Or I might blow a lot of money on a different camera that I want more
than I need.

Dang, that Sony A99 is looking sooooo good!...

WiFi CF cards? Me Digital Photography 5 August 9th 06 11:49 PM
WiFi adaptor Rob M Digital SLR Cameras 8 April 25th 06 12:12 AM
D70 WiFi Billy Digital Photography 13 November 12th 05 12:03 PM
D70 WiFi Billy Digital Photography 0 November 11th 05 05:51 AM
Is 4 Mpix camera just as good as 5 Mpix when available light is the limiting factor? Woody Digital Photography 17 September 26th 04 06:44 PM