Firmware stories: (Pentax) the oddness continues

Old December 18th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Firmware stories: (Pentax) the oddness continues

So the newest Pentax firmware has issues, so someone hacked it so you
could go back to the old version!

http://www.vietzon.com/red/forums/vi...c.php?f=7&t=33
Old December 18th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"RichA" wrote in message
So the newest Pentax firmware has issues, so someone hacked it so you
could go back to the old version!

http://www.vietzon.com/red/forums/vi...c.php?f=7&t=33

Not true at all. It is simply that the debug mode code is known for version
1.10 and not for higher versions, debug mode allows you to adjust back or
front focus.

Old December 18th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Dec 18, 1:49 am, TRoss wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:22:51 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

So the newest Pentax firmware has issues, so someone hacked it so you
could go back to the old version!

http://www.vietzon.com/red/forums/vi...c.php?f=7&t=33

Yeah, but unlike Olympus, Pentax has a firmware upgrade method that
doesn't stink. Or so we've been told ... by you.

BTW, what are those "issues" you're blathering about? And have you
applied the hacked firmware to your K10D?

TR

Backfocus issues with the K10D. Going back to the 1.10 allows you two
get into a tweek mode where you can adjust the focus mechanism.
Apparently, once it's done, you can re-install the newest firmware and
the fix holds.
Old December 18th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Self

wrote:

So the newest Pentax firmware has issues, so someone hacked it so you
could go back to the old version!

http://www.vietzon.com/red/forums/vi...c.php?f=7&t=33

Yeah, but unlike Olympus, Pentax has a firmware upgrade method that
doesn't stink. Or so we've been told ... by you.

BTW, what are those "issues" you're blathering about? And have you
applied the hacked firmware to your K10D?

TR

Backfocus issues with the K10D. Going back to the 1.10 allows you two
get into a tweek mode where you can adjust the focus mechanism.
Apparently, once it's done, you can re-install the newest firmware and
the fix holds.

That's not a firmware problem, for Christ's sake; it's a camera
problem present in a tiny percentage of K10Ds. The early version of
firmware can be hacked to allow the application of a fix that is
normally repair shop based. So far, no one has hacked the latest
firmware, quite possibly because there is so little need.

Fortunately, my K10D seems to be spot on, at least with the lenses I
have.
Old December 18th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

wrote:

[...]

Yes, yours works, therefore they all work, therefore there is no real
need. How do you people extrapolate like that? Maybe you just settle
for "ok?"
Old December 18th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

wrote:

[...]

Thats not what he said at all you dweeb!

Old December 18th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

wrote:

[...]

Ever heard the English phrase, "I'm alright Jack." ?

Old December 18th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"RichA" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Doesn't apply here. Ever actually read what you have posted?

Old December 25th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Self

wrote:

[...]

Has anybody ever said to you, "You're a ****ing idiot?" If they have,
add me to the list. If not, put me at the head of the list, you
****ing idiot.