Camera correcting lens distortions?

Old July 9th 04, 10:15 PM
Mxsmanic

Default Camera correcting lens distortions?

Gisle Hannemyr writes:

You don't need to have the software /in/ the camera.

You do if the user wants to just plug a card into a kiosk.

Old July 9th 04, 10:15 PM
Mxsmanic

Old July 10th 04, 01:52 AM

In message ,
Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

I know of people that uses "defish" scripts and Panorama Tools to turn
that $800 fisheye into the equivalent of a $1800 rectilinear lens.
This is rather extreme, but as far as I am able to tell, the
resulting images are excellent.

I thought that when you do this, the largest crop you can get out of the
resulting 4-point starfish is not all that wide?
--

John P Sheehy

Old July 10th 04, 09:09 AM
Mxsmanic

Gisle Hannemyr writes:

If there was a /standard/ for this ...

But there isn't, and there won't be for a long, long time, if ever.

No, I am aware than you can't do this today. There is AFAIK no
standard for embedding lens profile metadata in a digital image
- and maybe there never will be one. Standards are hard to create.

There is no standard for lenses, period.