How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Old November 14th 12, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Take a self study course in logic 101.

take a course in mac and ios programming first.
Old November 14th 12, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The question is whether or not all these devices run the same
operating system.

no it isn't.

the question is whether mac os x and ios share a common core called os
x, which they do. this is a *fact*, whether you choose to believe it or
not.

You insist they do.

i never said all the devices run the same os. *you* said that, because
you're confused.

Others have repeatedly pointed
out they do not and can not. There are too many differences in the
hardware to enable the same operating system to run on all of them.

yes, and i mentioned that in one of the first posts!

you missed that too.

Also, there are many things which will run on one operating system and
not another. This applies even if you separate if you separate th
shell from the definition of operating system.

so?

there are many things that will run or not run on slightly different
versions of the *same* operating system, such as xp sp2 and sp3, or mac
os x 10.6.7 and 10.6.8.

That the operating systems cannot be the same should be evident from
first principles. That they are not the same is mmade evident by he
need to write and enormous number of 'apps' to provide software which
runs on the iPad and iPhone. The same software will not run on the Mac
for the simple reason that the operating systems are too different.

missing the point entirely.

All of this is obvious to most people, but not you.

what's obvious is you're talking out your ass, particularly to anyone
who has done any mac or iphone software development.

You rely for your
argument on five year old clip of Steve Jobs saying that "the iPhone
runs OS 10".

i'm not relying on it. it's another piece of evidence that confirms
what i said is true and shows just how utterly confused you are.

if the video clip is too old (not that it matters since it's still just
as true now as it was then), then there's extensive apple developer
documentation that says the same thing, which you are ignoring also.

Well, maybe it does if you rely on a simple diagram or
flow chart of OS 10's schema. It may be largely true even at the
source code level (although I expect there will be some enormous
differences).

in other words, you have no idea. 'maybe it does', how funny.

But computing devices do not run on diagrams, flow
charts or source code. As you well know, they run on a binary code
which has to be intelligible to the processor. No matter how you
wriggle and squirm, and no matter how much you deny it, you know all
this as well as I do.

that's *not* the issue, no matter how desperately you try to make it
that.

Unless you come up with something really new, I'm stopping at this
point.

good.
Old November 14th 12, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 11/14/2012 7:31 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Take a self study course in logic 101.

take a course in mac and ios programming first.

Bye

--
Peter
Old November 15th 12, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DanP

On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:31:27 PM UTC, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN

wrote:

Take a self study course in logic 101.

take a course in mac and ios programming first.

You have a point here, Mac philosophy trumps logic.

DanP